Z4root one touch root...

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Just downloaded this app from the market and ran permanent root.... How can I check if it worked?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Download Drocap2 or Wireless Tether for rooted from market and when you attempt to run it should ask for SuperUser Permission, if the app runs after granting access your rooted.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I used z4root seems to work. I had the app Shoot Me downloaded would not work on X, rooted with z4root and now works, and yup it asked for SU perm. :D

Sent using TaPaTaLk

cb05stang

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
It works !!!!! But I also use Rom Manager and Bootstrapper as well as Superuser, so I can do everything over the phone and not have to hook up to a pc. Downloaded ROMs and applied them with Bootstrapper. Z4 tells you when your phone is rooted. Make sure you get the right Z4 off the market. There's another one out there that should be avoided from an Asian developer from what I've read.
Directions for this stuff was a little hard to come by but after a little searching everything was good and the DX is fully rooted to what I want it to do and look like. Z4 has been good to me and I have had it since it first came out on the market.
No complaints !

Last edited: