Download the Official Droid X 2.3.340 OTA Here

PhoenixMike

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Ran into some trouble here. Trying to flash back to the 2.3.15 and it failed. Phone booted up fine afterwards. Not sure what to do here. Any help so I can finally get the update?

EDIT: Nevermind. Figured it out.

Last edited:

Bleezy

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Running stock but rooted, ive gotten the OTA update this morning and it failed during install 3 times. Now the OTA is not available?? Tried doing it manually from the SD card but it still fails. Any ideas?

Do you have to unroot first? I dont understand why it wouldnt work on a stock DX??

pipinudo

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Running stock but rooted, ive gotten the OTA update this morning and it failed during install 3 times. Now the OTA is not available?? Tried doing it manually from the SD card but it still fails. Any ideas?

Do you have to unroot first? I dont understand why it wouldnt work on a stock DX??

Did you delete any of the oem software that came with the phone? If you did the ota does a check to see if everything is original

pipinudo

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Is the update the same as the zip from yesterday? if not what's the best method to flash back so the new official can be installed?

The Zip and the ota are identical with the main diff that the zip contains everything while the ota has you download it from your phone which is far slower

pipinudo

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I am rooted with factory ROM, running system version 2.3.15. When copying the update.zip to the root of the sd card and trying the update it fails. When trying the ota update, I get the message "check for update was not available at this time. Try again later." Has anyone else run into either issue I am facing, please help.

Could be the zip file is corrupted, can you open it and look inside without having any warnings pop up on your computer?

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Update on my saga: I'm a dumb@$$. I flashed back to my nandroid with 2.3.15 and RubiX 1.9 and deleted ADW, having forgotten that I had deleted the stock blur Home launcher. I flashed 928's back to stock 2.2 OTA and bricked it hard. Ha ha ha. I keep an sbf of 2.1 around for these emergencies, so I fired up rsd lite, connected the pricey paperweight, flashed 2.1 and was back in business. The cool thing was that once I got back in and checked the system info there was an alert telling me there was a system upgrade available - 2.2.340. I downloaded, installed and voila - 2.2.340 OTA. Yeah! However...

Root was no more. I scoured the web for info and everyone said that you needed Z4root to do it, but try as I might I just couldn't get it to work. Either the download would stop shortly after starting with a message stating that "this type of content isn't permitted", or the apk would download and when I tried to open it said, "unable to parse file". WTF, right?!?!?! Anyway, more research...then more research until I found a guy on XDA stating that Z4root would work on the latest OTA as long as you used version 1.1.0, which he was kind enough to attach. Downloaded, installed, ran, and got root back. From there it was a matter of reinstalling all my apps and data via titanium, which went off without a hitch.

BUT, the first thing I did after re-obtaining root was to hit clockwork and make a nandroid of 2.2.340 as is with nothing done so I'll have it if I need it when Gingerbread drops. I don't want to deal with this again.

slvrscoobie

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Tried the OTA Zip file, but couldnt get it to install
finally went with the droid .320 format system, mount system, install from zip meothod with .320 and now have that running fine.
is there a zip that would work for that method with .340? would the same method work with the OTA zip i already grabbed from here?
is there any significant difference between the 2 that i should be worried about updating (power amp seems to be broken so im hoping .340 fixes that)

Wishbon7

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Tried the OTA Zip file, but couldnt get it to install
finally went with the droid .320 format system, mount system, install from zip meothod with .320 and now have that running fine.
is there a zip that would work for that method with .340? would the same method work with the OTA zip i already grabbed from here?
is there any significant difference between the 2 that i should be worried about updating (power amp seems to be broken so im hoping .340 fixes that)

i have done the same. i just dont understand why i cant get .340. fixing to throw the x into the front yard. damn the OTA.

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Cannot update, running a rooted 2.3.15. Have all the bloatware reinstalled from sbf.

I get a 'Status 7 Error Abort' every time. Should I unroot and attempt?

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
need more info. are you on a stock rom? deodexed?
I was stuck at 2.13.5 without bloatware and couldn't reinstall certain apks. I used sbf to 2.3.13, rerooted, then update.zip flashed to 2.3.15 stock which was supposed to be deodexed but I still have odex files, and this is where I'm stuck. Neither the OTA or this update.zip move me to 2.3.340.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I noticed something strange when I did a recovery with the stock recovery application on my droid X,

I restored with Bootstrap Recovery from Nandroid backup and then unrooting with z4root and then did hard resetting with the stock recovery because I want to return to a stock image only without z4root or Bootstrap, but after all was recovered and should have been back to the original image I noticed that Superuser app and Bootstrap Recovery was still installed but not in installed apps window to be uninstalled. Even if I uninstall and then run the stock recovery app Bootstrap and z4root returned to device. The stock image shouldn't have these apps included.

I really didn?t do much on customizing other than rooted device and installed the Black Slide ROM, so I reinstalled z4root and Clockwork Recovery and then uninstalled them and was able to get everything removed without issues but the strange thing is now if I use the stock app (NOT BOOTSTRAP) unrooted to restore phone to stock the Superuser and Bootstrap always returns?. Have anyone ever seen this happen before and let me know if the only way to get a clean image is to install the sbf.

It not a major item but I just like to be sure I can return to the stock image for insurance purposes if I need to. Can I use this update.zip to restore a 2.2.1 install that is clean of all rooted apps?

Any Information would be appreciated

UPDATE: I tested this and learned this changed nothing, Superuser and Bootstrap was still on device after installing... Can someone direct me to the 2.3.340 SBF if it is available.. I just like to have it just in case and search appears to coming up empty, just the 2.2. sbf..

Last edited:

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Is there a new location for the download, I got a 404 error.

Thanks in advance.

Mirror 2 link is still active on the original page 2 posted above. There is more than one link in the first post.

Can this .zip file be renamed to something else without running into any issues?

You can rename this file without issue without issues because system scans for zips. its usually when you are using the stock recovery app because it scans for verified update.zip only.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci