Rooted DX - stuck at 2.13.5 - Can't flash, can't reinstall bloatware.

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums but not the site or podcast. I'm rather new to Android and I'm having a very annoying issue with my rooted Droid X. The first thing I did when I rooted was delete bloatware with Titanium Backup, I didn't make a backup beforehand. I recently tried to flash a rom with Rom Manager, but my phone would fail at the recovery screen. I decided to give up and recently tried to install the new Droid X update and got the same issue. I'm assuming it's because I have the bloatware missing. I've tried to use Root Explorer to reinstall the bloatware but I cannot get Cardock, Weather Widget, or Pro Tips to reinstall. No matter what I do with the permissions, every time I try the installation process it fails and I get an "application not installed" notice. It only happens with these 3 apks. At this point I'm so confused and frustrated I just want to go back to completely stock/unrooted with all the bloatware back. Is this even a possibility? I desperately need help! Thank you!

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Dude, thank you so much! Everything looks like it went well! When I do a system update, it's telling me I'm up to date (2.3.13). Shouldn't this initialize the 2.3.340 update?

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I've found an update.zip that has taken me to 2.3.15 deodexed with all bloatware reinstalled. I'm assuming if I want to get to 2.3.340, I'm going to have to undeodex, unroot, factory restore, then About>Update, is this correct or is there an easier option?

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Ok, I've found an update.zip that has taken me to 2.3.15 deodexed with all bloatware reinstalled. I'm assuming if I want to get to 2.3.340, I'm going to have to undeodex, unroot, factory restore, then About>Update, is this correct or is there an easier option?

you do need to reodex, but unrooting and resetting isnt necessary. try 928droid's site that had an update.zip that you can d/l that has an odexed zip file (the back-to-stock odex file).

will also move this to the Droid X Roms/hacks area for you so you can get quicker assistance if you run into any issues

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
It appears im not deodexed after all, there are odex files in my system/app. Using the sbf took me to 2.3.13 unrooted, where I could not get the 2.3.340 OTA, so I rerooted, used an update.zip to get to 2.3.15(which is supposed to be deodexed, but appears to not be) and now I'm able to download the 2.3.340 OTA but it still fails just like it did when I was missing bloatware. I've even tried an update.zip of 2.3.340 and it has the same error. I have no idea what I can do.

Could I sbf to 2.3.13 again then use the stock bootloader with the 2.3.340 update.zip I downloaded? At this point I don't even care if I stay rooted, i just want to be up to date.

james2442

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I was having the same issues...nothing seemed to work. I finally downloaded full 2.2 sbf. I think you used a system only sbf. My suspicion is that you modified build.prop. or some other aspect of boot process like animation or m logo. I may be wrong but this was my problem. Full sbf can be found at rootzwiki. I'll try to post the link. From that point just sbf *228 your phone and check for updates.
One other thing that I noticed on mine was the kernel was different than stock. The full sbf fixed it all.
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

kentusmc

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Bloatware has nothing to do with it flash your phone with the 2. 3. 15 sbf and you should be good for the ota. I would suggest doing a factory reset before flashing. From the check for updates let it install, and go on your merry way rooting and installing custom roms.

james2442

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Glad I could help. Hang on to that sbf. And make a nandroid before you start modding in case you run into problems again.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay