Driod x roms

Jinnyh20

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
A friend rooted my phone now am looking for a rom where can I find one and can you guys recommend a good one thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Im a ApeX kinda guy. Best thing to do his hit up the best android sites and go into the droid x roms sections. You will find a bunch and write ups about them. Then you can pick what sounds best for you.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
rubiX is my stock Rom. It's fast as all hell and stable.
exactly what I need for day to day stuff

I do kinda like GummyJar though....very gingerbready...

I tried Apex and it was NOT stable for me because it's overclocked by default and my DX won't tolerate anything but stock clock and voltage.
I know i can tweak it but it's a pain to have to do that.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
rubiX is my stock Rom. It's fast as all hell and stable.
exactly what I need for day to day stuff

I do kinda like GummyJar though....very gingerbready...

I tried Apex and it was NOT stable for me because it's overclocked by default and my DX won't tolerate anything but stock clock and voltage.
I know i can tweak it but it's a pain to have to do that.

Last two apex builds had overclock off. Plus it was a simple terminal command to turn it off. Su overclock -off. Now you have to run commands to turn it on and set your settings. Nice to have overclock and undervolt in the rom so no app is needed.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Last two apex builds had overclock off. Plus it was a simple terminal command to turn it off. Su overclock -off. Now you have to run commands to turn it on and set your settings. Nice to have overclock and undervolt in the rom so no app is needed.

that's good to know.
I might give apex another try then.

It sucked for me because sometimes i wasn't even able to boot the rom up the first time to run the terminal command to get it back to stock before it crashed and rebooted.

I almost want a replacement DX except I'm afraid i'll get something worse, not better.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I am on my first ROM and was going to go with apex but ended up trying GummyJar at the last second and am VERY happy with it!

My stock rooted phone could barely run under volted, anything would cause the phone to reboot right away, I would still get a random reboot every now and then with under volt, but with this ROM I am able to over clock (so far stable at 1.2) and battery life is great.

GummyJar got rid of any issues I was having (not many) with the official update.

I still want to try apex but am so happy with this one I cant imagine changing

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Looking at this sub-forum, it appears as though people have had a lot of problems with Apex lately. Just an observation.

I've never had a single random reboot with Darkslide. They also take user suggestions and often provide patches for tweaks the same day they are requested.

kentusmc

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
My only problem with ApeX is the new OC stuff, thanks for trying to save me money but I already bought the app and want to put it to use... other than that its great, way more stable than stock.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
There's a 340 compatible ROM thread here available. Within it there are various ROMs you can flash

DXmeatclaws via talkatap