Android Application Development

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks a bunch. I'm jumpin right on the programmers guide!

DXmeatclaws via talkatap

It's raining cats and dogs outside so going to the park is no option today. I'm updating the SDK files now and if the kids hanging on to my legs let me I just might play with the emulator here.

Edit: sdk 2.3!?!? that's gonna be interesting......

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Make sure you post whatever you happen to fiddle with. I'm interested in seeing what you do,so I can try the same.

DXmeatclaws via talkatap

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Yes let us know. I have the google app inventor but it very limited right now. Made some sound board apk files.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes let us know. I have the google app inventor but it very limited right now. Made some sound board apk files.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thanks, no pressure here...lol. I'm not a Dev guys just a "Jack of all Trades"

EDIT:

Thanks to kxs783kms (Need My Android ID thread) for inspiring me to follow up on the Emulator...

http://developer.android.com/sdk/installing.html

Last edited:

rvpals

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for sharing the books.

I've been dabbling in Android app developer for a few weeks now.

I would like to ask the more seasoned App developer out there or anyone that knows:

is there a better tool for building the User interface of the Apps. I really hated the Eclipse plugin that create the UI layout xml file.

I found that I spent a lot of time struggling with placing the UI components the way I want it to look, then focusing on improving the functions of the apps.

Thank you.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for sharing the books.

I've been dabbling in Android app developer for a few weeks now.

I would like to ask the more seasoned App developer out there or anyone that knows:

is there a better tool for building the User interface of the Apps. I really hated the Eclipse plugin that create the UI layout xml file.

I found that I spent a lot of time struggling with placing the UI components the way I want it to look, then focusing on improving the functions of the apps.

Thank you.
Not a clue ....I'm on the outside looking in here..lol
But I'm hoping you do find out, and when you do let us know for when we get to that bridge....

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
To grandparents the world over, especial ly those who are kind and generous, bake awesome
pecan pies, and like to watch America’s Most Wanted. You are not a bother but a blessing.
And if you don’t remember us telling you so, don’t you worry, because we’ll just tell you
again tomorrow

My favorite part of the book. Already enjoying it!