Unrooting & Going Back to Stock 2.3.340

marktaylor22

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm currently running 2.2.1 under 2.3.340 OTA.

I had rooted my phone using ZRoot and that worked fine, I installed the Bootstrap and so forth and flashed a ROM. Didn't like the ROM and wanted to go back to stock. I've flashed the 2.3.340 SBF file using RSDLite and that worked fine. I've also done a factory reset and cleared my cache.

My problem is everything is back to normal stock, except no matter what I cannot get rid of the Tranquility Boot Screen.. After the M Logo the Tranquility boot screen appears for about 10 seconds then it switches to the Droid X Eye, and then it boots. I have no root anymore and all my stock apps are back. What am I doing wrong, and what do I need to do to make it completely stock again?

Thanks everyone.

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
well, one thing you could do is re-root, put tranquility back on and in the toolbox for tranq re-flash the Moto Boot Image, and default Moto X boot animation then reboot. if it then boots how you want you could then go back to stock and unroot.

Reactions: marktaylor22

marktaylor22

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Great point.. I would try, but my only problem with Tranquility is it wouldn't boot, I just kept going in bootloops once I got booted up.. really couldn't anything so I had to go back.

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
make sure you follow the instructions carefully on loading up this rom, it's a bit picky and needs the exact directions otherwise you may run into issues. if your getting bootloops, try a battery pull....if that doesnt work, get into recovery and clear cache and see if that helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma