Project MotoKK - Android 4.4.4 for the Droid X

rcunningham

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Update: I bricked my Droid X because I left it in bootloader mode all night so I can't install anything. Once I fix it I will continue development.

Development for the Droid X is almost dead. I have spent a bit of time working on a Android 4.4.4 ROM for this phone that adds some of the features, apps, wallpaper and the look from some of the newer Motorola Droid phones. The name for it is MotoKK. It's a work in progress, but should be available by 4/13/15. This poorly Photoshoped image shows what it will look like:
MotoKK%u00252BScreenShot.png
I will update this as I get into the project even more. I will create a new thread and post the link, then delete this thread. And after this I will try to make Lollipop for this phone. Have fun dreaming about what you could do with a almost fully working KitKat. Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Dallas Reed

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
development is pretty much dead here, but its on going on XDA
forum.xda-developers.com/droid-x/development

cyanogenmod 11 is out for droid x, as well as a few other kitkat roms

rcunningham

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
development is pretty much dead here, but its on going on XDA
forum.xda-developers.com/droid-x/development

cyanogenmod 11 is out for droid x, as well as a few other kitkat roms

Ya, I know. XDA is where all the devs go. I think that overall Android Central has a easier way to make threads and post ROMs than XDA. But this ROM is not CyanogenMod 11. Its a port of the stock ROM for the Droid Razr M combined with little bit of other Motorola Droid Phones. I had to use parts from the CM11 project to get Wi-Fi working. I cant release this until the camera and Wi-Fi work. I thought it would be done by now. Now that I think of it, I should have named this DroidKK X edition.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol