out of ideas (won't boot into recovery)

Lancer033

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
trying to load a ROM on my DX. I am rooted and i've followed everything in guide videos posted above, but when i get to the point when i click reboot into recovery....nothing happens. The phone doesn't freeze or do anything bad, just nothing happens. I've tried it with both the bootstrat and ROM Manager.

any ideas? it's got to be something simple and stupid that i'm going to kick myself for missing.

racinwarrior

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
are you rooted? I mean I know you said you are, but are you for sure? does bootstrap ask for root permission? did you click bootstrap recovery first then when it says success click reboot recovery?

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
We know you are rooted (bootstrap is a dead give away) You may have to flash a sbf file and start again. Are you sure your files on the SD card are proper?

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Open bootstrapper. Click bootstrap recovery. Click ok on success. Then click reboot recovery and install from recovery. If you didn't do the first step it will just reboot normal as you didn't apply bootstrapper to hijack the bootup.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Lancer033

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
it says success, but it never asks for root permissions. when i open the superuser app my root tools app and overclock app have root permissions, but these don't.

that sounds like the big problem to me, but how do i give them root permissions if they don't ask for it.

---------------------------------------------

just re-installed Droid X bootstrap. Same story, open the app, click on bootstrap recover, click okay when it says success and click on reboot recover and nothing happens, it never asked for root permissions. I should say that the only thing i've messed with since i rooted is the fonts and boot logo using the root tools app.

Last edited:

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
you need to re-root.. sounds like it's not working correctly. also make sure you have busybox installed correctly

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
not all methods of rooting work correctly.
some people still do it the old school way and i remember plenty of forum posts where things didn't work right and once they re-rooted or used another method everything was fine.

Lancer033

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
robooting didn't change anything. and now that i'm playing with it, none of my root apps seem to be working. Root tools just force closes if i try to do anything. :/ seems like SU is just there but not doing anything.

kentusmc

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
If nothing else you could flash the sbf with rsd lite and start over, I have always used z4root and love it but it has taken a few tries before

racinwarrior

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
just a FYI-

just because the "superuser" app is installed does not mean you are rooted. the best way to verify is with a terminal emulator app from the market or usind adb on your comuter. using the terminal emulator is the easiest just open the app type "su" and if you have a "#" sign you are rooted. a "$" sign is not rooted

Reactions: Lancer033

Lancer033

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
congrats, welcome to the darkside, and I don't mean the rom lol

almost.........

back on my Droid 1 on Bugless Beast.....the 1st ROM loaded and was fine, then i tried to load the Liberty ROM and it stuck on the boot logo. Didn't have time to mess with it, but that'll be a good weekend project and a reminder of why i kept my D1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34