Will rooting my droid x drain battery?

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok, i've done a search for this here and cant find anything. So i thought i would start a new thread for it. I'm thinking of rooting my droid x. not for anything wild and crazy like new roms or anything (although that may come down the line), but i want to be able to be able to wireless tether using only my data. will rooting my phone cause any issues with battery life? if i leave all as is except just root, will i see an increase in battery drain or will everything still be the same? i understand that once using the tether app it will drain quickly, but without using is what i 'm concerned with,. thanks :p

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Gaining root is just basically moving files around. Rooting itself does nothing but give you superuser permission. So rooting by iyself will not drain battery. Just things like tethering will because your phone is working harder
Ok, i've done a search for this here and cant find anything. So i thought i would start a new thread for it. I'm thinking of rooting my droid x. not for anything wild and crazy like new roms or anything (although that may come down the line), but i want to be able to be able to wireless tether using only my data. will rooting my phone cause any issues with battery life? if i leave all as is except just root, will i see an increase in battery drain or will everything still be the same? i understand that once using the tether app it will drain quickly, but without using is what i 'm concerned with,. thanks :p

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

irish22022

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
just fyi, probably a bit off topic, but make sure you have full battery when you start the root process. that will really mess you up if you don't.

If you're going to root, but keep the stock ROM, if you start making changes to things or theming the stock rom (I know you said you wouldn't right away), but please, make sure you deodex the stock ROM before doing ANYTHING.

Downloading wireless teather and a screen shot program, you'll be fine though.

I said the same thing, and then started looking into custom ROMs after a couple of hours. I have to say, my phone has never been so fast, and never had such unreal battery life since getting a custom ROM and getting rid of all of the stock programs. Just read a step by step as you're doing it, it's really painless.

cb05stang

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
For what it's worth. I get on average 17 hrs. out of my rooted DX. That's with browsing about three to four times a day, emails about once or twice ( reading ) & texting, writing back & forth. Phone calls : maybe one or two. Listening to music with Bluetooth will take it down to about 12hrs or so before it reaches 30%.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com

All root does is let you see and play with the internal files and will not drain battery. Think of it as a locked car. You root it and can get inside and access and tweek all the stuff under the hood. But our keys don't open the glove box that holds the bootloader :(

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
All root does is let you see and play with the internal files and will not drain battery. Think of it as a locked car. You root it and can get inside and access and tweek all the stuff under the hood. But our keys don't open the glove box that holds the bootloader :(

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

LOL love the analogy.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams