ApeX or Liberty?

mdlissner

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Just looking for informed opinions on the pros and cons of each ROM.

Any market issues with apps not showing for either?
My paid apps are:
aTakephone
Touchdown
Smart Keyboard
Beautiful Widgets
SetCPU
iSyncr
Pure Calendar Widget

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
well i like both roms... equally
liberty pros; super fast, extremely custammizable, toolbox feature
liberty cons; lost some blur elements people like, no cameracorder, no voice search in google or voice to text in keyboard, font hard to read in text box

apex pros; also super fast, clean, most bugs are worked out, kept some blur elements
apex cons; not as custamizable, no toolbox feature, maybe a lil' slower then liberty

guess it would depend on an individual basis. i may go back to apex1.3.1 but not yet...

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I love apex. It's solid as a rock and I like a little blur, making it perfect for me. I'm not even trying other ROMS. Having said that, nandroid backups make this easy for you. Make one of your stock OS (always good to have for OTA upgrades), install apex, make a nandroid, install liberty, make a nandroid. It's easy and fast to swich between the 2 and pick your favorite.

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
well i like both roms... equally
liberty cons; lost some blur elements people like, no cameracorder, no voice search in google or voice to text in keyboard, font hard to read in text box

There definitely is voice search in Google and voice to text in keyboard. Also, you can change the font back to stock (or others) if you want on any ROM... just flash the font zip you want in recovery.

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
actually just found another reason liberty bothers me, no way to send out group texts!!! unbelievable! def switching back to the solid as a rock apex 1.3.1, lol

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm still on ApeX. Waiting for Liberty to be out a while so I can read all the reviews on it. So far I'm happy I didn't make the switch. Why fix something that isn't broken.

hezzdown

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm still on ApeX. Waiting for Liberty to be out a while so I can read all the reviews on it. So far I'm happy I didn't make the switch. Why fix something that isn't broken.

Fully agree. I do not have one complaint about ApeX. Just enough blur left behind and it IS solid. I've been running 1.3.1 for a little over two weeks and I have not even witnessed an app FC.

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Loved Apex as much as the next guy, but made the switch to Liberty and couldn't be happier. Really solid ROM, and faster than Apex. Apex has more blur apps than Liberty, but those apps can be reinstalled through the Liberty Toolbox which really allows for perfect customization.

You'll be happy with either, but Liberty won it for me.

mdlissner

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys thanks for all the input. I am going to flash Liberty tonight and go with the Black White Chrome theme I saw for it also. Loving my week old DroidX don't miss the keyboard from my Droid1 at all.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
After you flash Liberty, make a backup before applying any themes. Some of the themes will leave remnants behind if you flash another theme over it.

To prevent that from happening, do a restore to your Liberty backup (you can do System only) to get your files back to stock Liberty before applying a different theme.

wormeyman

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
After you flash Liberty, make a backup before applying any themes. Some of the themes will leave remnants behind if you flash another theme over it.

To prevent that from happening, do a restore to your Liberty backup (you can do System only) to get your files back to stock Liberty before applying a different theme.

QFT i have this problem i hate how the themes remove the google branding i'm so used to for things like talk,gmail,voice, etc.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Liberty ranks higher for me then ApeX 1.3.1 . I liked ApeX 1.3.0 was stable ,,,,but 1.3.1 wasn't as user friendly imo(setcpu keep FC also )so I wasnt on 1.3.1 very long . Im still on Liberty for now .

mdlissner

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
So the process (which I have started right now is).
- Create backup of current ROM using ROM Manager
- Install Liberty
- Wait till everything I have downloads from the market after initializing.
- Backup that version of liberty on my phone in Rom Manager
- Install Theme

Is this the way to do it?

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Liberty is nice but for some reason I'm still rockn the Apex, is it the battery life? Never really gave Liberty it's true try out to be fair, but Apex has a hold on me now.

I predict when Fab breaks out his next Apex, soon , that it will be the next big thing........again.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Liberty has about 5 to 6 hrs more battery life then ApeX did for me when using them about the same amount,and yup I will probably test out the next ApeX just to see whats changed or improved. DarkSlide and Liberty were a tie on battery life.

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
i ran liberty, but back to apex for me! too many things i didnt like... for example no google voice search, no voice to text option, unable to group a text to multiple contacts. and font was really hard to read in bright light, too thin and light in color i guess... given liberty was faster, but apex is all around better and, for me, also has better battery life than liberty...

NINdroid

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Liberty is nice but for some reason I'm still rockn the Apex, is it the battery life? Never really gave Liberty it's true try out to be fair, but Apex has a hold on me now.

I predict when Fab breaks out his next Apex, soon , that it will be the next big thing........again.

I couldn't agree more. Apex is just too good to give up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2