Rooted...What's next?

jm2282

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Right, I rooted my Droid X today morning (I know, late to the party) and used an app called super manager to rename the apps which I didn't wanted. I wanted to delete them but read it here that it's a better option to just rename them, so I think I did well on that front. :)

What other things should I do now that my phone is rooted? I must admit that I rooted it primarily to remove the idiotic apps but I want to increase the capabilities of my phone. ROMs, Overclocking..I read about these but haven't got the foggiest idea what they mean. I would appreciate your comments here to make this incredible phone even better after it has been rooted. Thanks a lot.

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
If you are wanting to do more with your DX, the next thing would be flashing a custom rom. I would recommend starting with the latest build of ApeX. GummyJar and Liberty are also good roms. Make sure you make a backup of your stock rom first or you will have issues when there is a OTA update.

jm2282

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! Could you please guide me on how to do flash a custom rom? How do I take the backup of the stock rom? Do I need to use any app for that?

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Couldn't get the link to work but i'll copy the url for you. "http://forum.androidcentral.com/fascinate-roms-hacks/51526-how-i-learned-flash-rom.html" it's in the VZW Fascinate forum

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiaara