Rom manager wont back up stock rom

Famous.Rob

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Ive got the free version of rom manager and i tried to make a back up of the stock rom and it wont show up in the manager when i go to see if it is there there is nothing

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
well you have to have bootstrapper in order for it to work, its not a matter of trying it. rom manager doesnt do anything without it. back it up in clockwork mod recovery anyway... when you download droid x bootstrapper, hit bootstrap recovery, it will then say "success" then hit reboot recovery and it will boot in to recovery mode. make your backup rom in clockwork.... and rename it just so it is easier to find

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
+1 for what Dizzy said. I only user Rom Manager to rename backups for the most part.
I use bootstrapper to get me in to recovery and to perform rom installs, wipes and backups.

Reactions: bear_lx

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
When renaming/naming backups, don't use any spaces or () symbols or you won't be able to restore from your backups without renaming them.

Famous.Rob

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Oh so you have to use bootsrapper into recovery and then you can back up in recovery mode and rename it in rom manager. I thought you could back up right from rom manager via the backup rom menu and then see it after the phone reboots in the manage backups. well ill reboot in recovery in bootstrapper and see how it goes. I thought you wouldnt be able to see the rom in the manager unless you used the manager to back it up.

scoots77

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Can you backup directly from Clockworkmod? There's an option in there, which I did just now, but i've never tried to restore from it. It took a couple minutes to backup.

Rom manager won't even let me manage backups, keeps telling me I have to install clockworkmod, which I already have.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Oh so you have to use bootsrapper into recovery and then you can back up in recovery mode and rename it in rom manager. I thought you could back up right from rom manager via the backup rom menu and then see it after the phone reboots in the manage backups. well ill reboot in recovery in bootstrapper and see how it goes. I thought you wouldnt be able to see the rom in the manager unless you used the manager to back it up.

You can use rom manager to backup and name your backups. You will need to open Bootstrapper first, select Bootstrap Recovery. Then you can open ROM Manager and Backup Current rom from there.

Bootstrapper and ROM Manager both use Clockwork Mod Recovery so what one makes, the other can "see". So you can make a backup in Bootstrapper and rename it using Rom Manager's Manage Backups function.

Reactions: Famous.Rob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC