Most annoying thing about flashing a new ROM is

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
To me, reading about it and finding info on it and reviews on them...lol.

I want to do custom ROMS but don't know too much...yet, once I get comfortable, then I will do them.

Rockee

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I keep a copy of utility apps (Z4Root, Titanium, Rom Manager, Bootstrap, etc...) on my sd card.

Bypass the initial setup so it doesn't start the market download process. Install all your apps and then sign in. Works for me.

Reactions: JkdJedi

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Getting my home screens set back up....

Are you using LLP ox ADW? They have a backup feature that backup layout and activation that cuts down setup time.

This by far IS the most annoying thing..... you have no control over it! You could use Titanium, yeah right, after it DOWNLOADS!

Use Astro to backup apk on SD Card... Open app >> left menu key >> Tools >> Application Manager/Backup >> Check app >> left menu key >> select Backup

File will be stored under SD Card/Backup

Last edited:
Reactions: JkdJedi

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Are you using LLP ox ADW? They have a backup feature that backup layout and activation that cuts down setup time.

Use Astro to backup apk on SD Card... Open app >> left menu key >> Tools >> Application Manager/Backup >> Check app >> left menu key >> select Backup

File will be stored under SD Card/Backup
Could I copy and paste apk files in Root Explorer to sd, will this be kind of the same thing?

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I keep a copy of utility apps (Z4Root, Titanium, Rom Manager, Bootstrap, etc...) on my sd card.

Bypass the initial setup so it doesn't start the market download process. Install all your apps and then sign in. Works for me.

Do you install these with Terminal?

KJBlackbird

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Yea definitely titanium backup. Install one app and it doesn't take too long to reload all your apps while keeping your settings intact. No need to re login to anything or reconfigure your apps. It truly is wonderful.

Sent from my rooted overclocked backflip running 2.1 using Tapatalk :D

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Could I copy and paste apk files in Root Explorer to sd, will this be kind of the same thing?

It may work but I never did it that way, but I am assuming it should.... But you do know Astro is free to download.

Yea definitely titanium backup. Install one app and it doesn't take too long to reload all your apps while keeping your settings intact. No need to re login to anything or reconfigure your apps. It truly is wonderful.

Sent from my rooted overclocked backflip running 2.1 using Tapatalk :D

Titanium is nice if you wants to install all apps but I notice one issue, the app does not show backed up apps in list until the app is installed... If you only want curtain apps it more of a pain.

Last edited:

Cyber Phunk

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
For me it has been getting all my custom ringtones/notifications reassigned. That and getting them all back into the phone's memory as opposed to on the SD card. ;)

irish22022

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
To me, reading about it and finding info on it and reviews on them...lol.

I want to do custom ROMS but don't know too much...yet, once I get comfortable, then I will do them.

your first ROM needs to be a hugely popular one. Just go to the forum represented by the maker of the ROM (usually at droidforums), and follow those instructions. I watched a youtube video for dummies, then did that. You'll feel comfortable.

Then you'll be confused like me as to what the hell is the difference between ROMs. I'm sure there is one, but I've used three so far, and they all look like themed versions of the others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid