kxkid

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
So I rooted my Dx today using z4root and was wondering where to go from here. I have downloaded root tools and played with that. I am looking at changing my notification bar getting rid of the vzw header and other things. Thanks. Oh and I am thinking it might be helpful letting you know I have a Mac, most everything I have seen is for evil windows users.

Now I need help bad. I just changed my font and boot animation like I have before using root tools and now that I changed the boot animation to jurassic park all I get is the M when I turn it back on. I have access to a windows running xp. I need help please. I read on here that my phone is not bricked just that I more than likely lost root. Once again I ask for your help thanks.

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
you really should do some reading before you just start messing around with your phone. there is plenty of info here in the forums and on other android forums.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Lost root wont keep you on a m screen. Boot into recovery. Pull battery the put it back. Hold power and home key till android Guy pops up. Then hit search key. Wipe cache and data factory reset. Then reboot. Hope that gets you off M.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

kxkid

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Lost root wont keep you on a m screen. Boot into recovery. Pull battery the put it back. Hold power and home key till android Guy pops up. Then hit search key. Wipe cache and data factory reset. Then reboot. Hope that gets you off M.

I did that and that did not work.

kxkid

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I think I know why it is stuck at the M. When I was looking at the files in the root tools folder there was no bootanimation.zip in the jurassic park one.

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
should have bought a pc with windows 7, =)

flash a new rom, that should overlap what youve done... i reccommend apex
always wipe data/cache partition first and create a stock rom backup

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
You don't need a boot animation. That will not stop your phone from booting up. If you don't have the files it will shoe m them blank then it will come on. If your still only getting the m then its time to sbf that phone.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
This needs to be done on a computer. DL the sbf file. Preferably .340. DL Rsd lite. Turn your phone off. Power up holding the camera button and the volume rocker up(not sure if down will work as well) your x should load into bootloader. Connect your x to the comp using the charge/USB cable. Open up rsd lite. The program should see your phone. Click the ... button and navigate to your sbf file. Click start and the process begins

DXmeatclaws via talkatap

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae