• Liberty?

32 58.18%
  • Ultimate Droid?

2 3.64%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Which ROM would you use?

What ROM is better in your opinion?
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.

liberty is faster and has tons of potential. apex is probably a bit more stable.
    never ran UD
    have been on liberty since it came out.. very happy with it.
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

Best I've used are apex and liberty. Both are great. Apex lets u use more blur if you want and liberty has lots of custom options. Try them both.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I have UD running on my Droid 1.. wow.. it's like full Gingerbread. Has the tv look on power on/off, and allows OC directly in the ROM.

Apex running on my DX.. I like it, but the gallery is WIGGING out. It's fast and the battery lasts forever.. I was thinking of trying Liberty but with the cool stuff in UD, I might try that.

Apex and Liberty both are nice and runs well but I find myself always returning to Dark Slide over all others.. I never tried UlrimateDroid so cant give opinion on it. But out of the three you asked about, if I had to pick my fav it would probably be Apex.
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...

i did research on UD for the X awhile ago, and at the time it wasnt stable for the X and caused many issues for X owners. both Liberty and Apex are nice ROMs. Best thing to do, is load both up and save each with a nandroid and switch back and forth until you make a decision on one or the other. Personally, I think Liberty is better because the customization options are endless. And if your a fan of themes, there are 20+ themes now available for Liberty to Apex's 5 at most.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

So nandroid backups, done through Clockwork, allow you to restore your device to it's exact condition before the wipe/ROM install?

apps(including data), themes, notification sounds, wallpapers, etc?

Global Posts
    6,695 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

I pick Liberty over ApeX at this point in time ,updates of their roms could possible change this tho . I have DS as my "go to rom" but still Liberty is still curent rom on phone .Overall all are good Roms depends on what your looking for more in the rom features I guess everybodies opinion varies ha

Quote Originally Posted by sniffs View Post
    So nandroid backups, done through Clockwork, allow you to restore your device to it's exact condition before the wipe/ROM install?

apps(including data), themes, notification sounds, wallpapers, etc?
    bro, nandroid back-ups are your friend! if you havent already, do yourself a HUGE favor and download Bootstrap Recovery from the Market. Best money I ever spent for my X. it will save everything when you backup, and when you restore your back to the exact state the phone was in on that date. to give you an example, I have a Stock .340 save, a Stock deodexed save, Fission ROM saved, and Stock Liberty saved. I'm currently running Liberty, but if I want to swap back to Fission or better yet my Stock .340 when gingerbread is released, i'm set! so easy to use!
    Androidoholic

ROM
    AOKP JB 4.1 Franco rr230

I'm running liberty, very fast and smooth and so far great battery life. I'm overclocked at 1.2 and get same battery life as when I was running custom DX.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Galaxy Nexus

Nokia 920

Moto X
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by rion_j View Post
    bro, nandroid back-ups are your friend! if you havent already, do yourself a HUGE favor and download Bootstrap Recovery from the Market. Best money I ever spent for my X. it will save everything when you backup, and when you restore your back to the exact state the phone was in on that date. to give you an example, I have a Stock .340 save, a Stock deodexed save, Fission ROM saved, and Stock Liberty saved. I'm currently running Liberty, but if I want to swap back to Fission or better yet my Stock .340 when gingerbread is released, i'm set! so easy to use!
    I have the DXBootstrap, I got it from Koush's site.. I'm fully deodexed, I've made a few nandroid backups but never knew it fully restored you to a previous state.

Why do people use titanium backup then?
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,964 Global Posts

ApeX for the win.... looking forward to the new version.

Why do people use titanium backup then?
    Because you can't use the nandroid backup to restore any of your Apps or data on a fresh rom install. You can't pick out individual Apps or data from the nandroid backups. With nandroid, it's all or nothing.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

rubiX Focused 1.97

Nexus 4 / Nexus 7 / Transformer Prime
    @digitalslacker
    +digitalslacker
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by Austineasleyinfo View Post
    Because you can't use the nandroid backup to restore any of your Apps or data on a fresh rom install. You can't pick out individual Apps or data from the nandroid backups. With nandroid, it's all or nothing.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    So nandroid is for putting your device back to what it was previously, including all settings, data, apps, everything.

Titanium is for restoring specific apps/data after a fresh ROM install?

Been running on liberty since it came out, and enjoy it a lot.

overall it has a lot of nice features that i would like to see in new roms coming out or updates for the others, but i like the options apex includes for keeping some blur.

also like that a lot of the removed blur is easily re-added if you miss it.

It is a very close poll in my eyes between those two.. i have never ran UD.
    I say apex for now because liberty is in its early stages. It may be faster but i feel like i got better battery and more stability on apex.

edit: also digging the rotary lock screen a lot!!
    Last edited by bsims405; 01-25-2011 at 09:08 PM. Reason: left some out

So nandroid is for putting your device back to what it was previously, including all settings, data, apps, everything.

Titanium is for restoring specific apps/data after a fresh ROM install?
    Correct....

Another thing I can say that Liberty is the best rom for customizing but I use the Blur Universal In Box and a number of custom themes for Blur Dialer and I cant live without them, if they placed these back in I would be using it as we speak... Hope the update inclide a Blur version.
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...

Quote Originally Posted by digitalslacker View Post
    rubiX Focused 1.97

you liking the new rubix? reviews so far seem to be mixed.

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    ROM
    Waiting for RubiX for GB.

I like Liberty better, but it has a few too many fc's. I may go back to Liberty with the next release, but for now, Apex is smooth.
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,602 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

Liberty is by far my fav right now

DXmeatclaws via talkatap
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD

you liking the new rubix? reviews so far seem to be mixed.
    I haven't had a single issue. Been using rubiX since 1.6.

Every major issue I have seen with rubiX is because people don't read the instructions and do a wipe data/cache before installing. That's especially true in this version because the framework switched over to GummyJAR.
    Nexus 4 / Nexus 7 / Transformer Prime
    @digitalslacker
    +digitalslacker
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

If you have UD installed, there are a TON of features, you can install different fonts, boot animations, themes, nightly disable notifications, all sorts of stuff.

If you have UD installed, there are a TON of features, you can install different fonts, boot animations, themes, nightly disable notifications, all sorts of stuff.

sounds like liberty. so, have you successfully installed UD?

Quote Originally Posted by digitalslacker View Post
    I haven't had a single issue. Been using rubiX since 1.6.

Every major issue I have seen with rubiX is because people don't read the instructions and do a wipe data/cache before installing. That's especially true in this version because the framework switched over to GummyJAR.
    ah, i see. yup, and that seems to be the problem for most whom dont do a full wipe when installing a new rom. how is the theme support so far? liberty is off the charts!
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

sounds like liberty. so, have you successfully installed UD?
    I have on my Droid 1 and it runs great. However I'm on the fence about installing it on my DX.. wanted people's opinions.. I like Apex, like it's smoothness, lack of blur, and green colors.

can liberty be setup with green? I am not a fan of yellow.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast