Question/Problem with my Rooted X and Gingerbread

PortareAF

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
So I thinking I may have some work to do come gingerbread time. I rooted my X with Z4 etc. etc. Apex blah blah blah. However in my haste (and hate of blockbuster app) I deleted some bloatware before thinking I might want a back up.... I figured no big deal at the time, the devs will pushing Gingerbread Roms long before VZW and I will never be seeing stock again...

However today with picture releases of official pics of Gingerbread on the X I was worried I will need to get back to stock to load it, but without those missing apps even flashing my backup without them would be no help.

So I'm guessing Sbf and the hat crew are my only option, unless someone here has another idea...thoughts?

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure you'll eventually be able to flash a custom Gingerbread-based ROM once it's available. You won't have to go back to stock.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure you'll eventually be able to flash a custom Gingerbread-based ROM once it's available. You won't have to go back to stock.

I agree, my X came with 2.1 and I have NEVER bothered with OTA updates. I'm on 2.2.1 now because of the huge Dev support, and us rooted/rom users tend to get the latest months before any OTA anyway, and if we don't get it right away nine times out of ten it's BETTER and more STABLE than OTA. Go ahead and wait for the OTA, us rooted/rom users will be rocking gingerbread w/ some HONEYCOMB in it. ;)

PortareAF

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I agree, my X came with 2.1 and I have NEVER bothered with OTA updates. I'm on 2.2.1 now because of the huge Dev support, and us rooted/rom users tend to get the latest months before any OTA anyway, and if we don't get it right away nine times out of ten it's BETTER and more STABLE than OTA. Go ahead and wait for the OTA, us rooted/rom users will be rocking gingerbread w/ some HONEYCOMB in it. ;)

Whoa whoa I never said I wanted to go back to stock, god no. It just felt like 2.3 was moving faster through the official channels this time than the devs, unlike 2.2.... Actually come to think about it no one seems to have a good handle on 2.3 yet except the nexus S.... that's odd... but clearly off topic...

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

Hehehe, so true :)

miamifin33

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So by installing that zip, it takes you back to stock?

Also, it looks like this is an even better version than the OTA version of 2.3.340? Is that correct?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95