Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock, Unlock, Root

Default Question/Problem with my Rooted X and Gingerbread

So I thinking I may have some work to do come gingerbread time. I rooted my X with Z4 etc. etc. Apex blah blah blah. However in my haste (and hate of blockbuster app) I deleted some bloatware before thinking I might want a back up.... I figured no big deal at the time, the devs will pushing Gingerbread Roms long before VZW and I will never be seeing stock again...

However today with picture releases of official pics of Gingerbread on the X I was worried I will need to get back to stock to load it, but without those missing apps even flashing my backup without them would be no help.

So I'm guessing Sbf and the hat crew are my only option, unless someone here has another idea...thoughts?
    "I'm not anti-you, I'm just Pro-me"

You can try installing this zip file:

maderstcok - OTA 2.3.340 update.zip

It's like an sbf in a zip.
    a little obsessive...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock, Unlock, Root

Thanks I grabbed that already thinking that maybe an option, just wasn't sure it would do the trick completely.
    MacGyver Wannabe

I'm sure you'll eventually be able to flash a custom Gingerbread-based ROM once it's available. You won't have to go back to stock.
    Android Enthusiast

Global Posts
    2,106 Global Posts
    ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

Quote Originally Posted by WAldenIV View Post
    I'm sure you'll eventually be able to flash a custom Gingerbread-based ROM once it's available. You won't have to go back to stock.
    I agree, my X came with 2.1 and I have NEVER bothered with OTA updates. I'm on 2.2.1 now because of the huge Dev support, and us rooted/rom users tend to get the latest months before any OTA anyway, and if we don't get it right away nine times out of ten it's BETTER and more STABLE than OTA. Go ahead and wait for the OTA, us rooted/rom users will be rocking gingerbread w/ some HONEYCOMB in it.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock, Unlock, Root

Quote Originally Posted by JkdJedi View Post
    I agree, my X came with 2.1 and I have NEVER bothered with OTA updates. I'm on 2.2.1 now because of the huge Dev support, and us rooted/rom users tend to get the latest months before any OTA anyway, and if we don't get it right away nine times out of ten it's BETTER and more STABLE than OTA. Go ahead and wait for the OTA, us rooted/rom users will be rocking gingerbread w/ some HONEYCOMB in it.
    Whoa whoa I never said I wanted to go back to stock, god no. It just felt like 2.3 was moving faster through the official channels this time than the devs, unlike 2.2.... Actually come to think about it no one seems to have a good handle on 2.3 yet except the nexus S.... that's odd... but clearly off topic...

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    ROM
    Synergy

Quote Originally Posted by JkdJedi View Post
    Hehehe, so true

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xliderider View Post
    You can try installing this zip file:

maderstcok - OTA 2.3.340 update.zip

It's like an sbf in a zip.
    Is this rooted?

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts

Nevermind. I just hit the link.

So by installing that zip, it takes you back to stock?

Also, it looks like this is an even better version than the OTA version of 2.3.340? Is that correct?
    Storm 1 ----> Droid X