Rooted DX having issues with AdFree and Words With Friends

PappaFloyd

Dab King
Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Im having an issue with Words With Friends after updating the new Host Files on AdFree.

I can open WWF and then it freaks outs and goes to funky blue text and I am unable to play.

I can do a Revert in the AdFree app and all works again but then all the ads show back up in all apps.

Maybe I just need to wait and let the dev fix but I am curious if anyone here is having this issue? If so any work arounds?

I've tried to un/re-install but that didn't work. . Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

benjihaha

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem and figured it had to be something with adfree. What I do is load the game and very quickly (you only have like half a second) start tapping on the game you want to play and if you click it before the blue text comes up it?ll load, but you?ll have to exit and do it again for each time you exit a game.

PappaFloyd

Dab King
Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Hah I did that a couple times, gotta be real fast. I just did a Revert for now. I seem to be playing WWF more than the others right now anyway.
Thanks for looking into it all! Hopefully one of us can figure it out, or an update comes along with a fix.

I have the same problem and figured it had to be something with adfree. What I do is load the game and very quickly (you only have like half a second) start tapping on the game you want to play and if you click it before the blue text comes up it?ll load, but you?ll have to exit and do it again for each time you exit a game.

JimA

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
If your phone is rooted, get Bloat Freezer from the market. I got it and just freeze adservice. Very stable.

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Some apps that rely on ads won't work properly if the ads are removed. I ran into this with Audio Galaxy a while back. Once I re-enabled ads it worked fine.

This may be the case with WWF.

benjihaha

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
just ran into another work around...when the blue text comes up you'll still be able to see the part with the "your move" tab. hold your finger there and drag up. you'll be able to scroll to select your games. sucks but it works if you don't want to revert ads although the blue text is way worse than an ad

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Just curious, is this only happening with the adfree app only or is it happening with roms with ad blockers that are integrated as well?

ens04

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
i am having the same problem as well but with a different phone the lg optimus s. I updated the Adfree app today & can't seem to play Words with friends without having to see that screen.

Has there been a fixed to this yet?

fantasma4

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
just ran into another work around...when the blue text comes up you'll still be able to see the part with the "your move" tab. hold your finger there and drag up. you'll be able to scroll to select your games. sucks but it works if you don't want to revert ads although the blue text is way worse than an ad
In my DX I don't see far down enough to do the little scroll 'workaround'

mlsanders

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
My girlfriends EVO is having the same issue, however I use WWF and adfree on my EVO and everything seems fine. I've uninstalled adfree on her phone and rebooted, nothing. I uninstalled and reinstalled WWF and rebooted, nothing... She is driving me nuts to fix it, anybody know anything new yet? We are both rooted and running the AC Rebirth rom, not sure why mine works and hers doesn't.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois