Battery Icon Help

jt1028

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
What's up all!! This is my first post so apologies in advance if this question has already been asked. Im new to all this rooting stuff so it can be a little overwhelming at times. I recently rooted my Droid X and im running Apex 1.4 and want to change the battery icon. Along with many other things, im not to sure how to do it. Any info would be greatly appreciated and if anyone wants to throw in any other hints or tips that couldn't hurt either!! So thanks in advance for any replies!! ANDROID is the way to go!!!

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Quickest and easiest way. Download metamorph from market. Go to Droidpirate.com and on the right click on what you want. No with the battery you need to pick one that does 10%'s. Apex is set for that so if you use one in 20%'s the battery wont move untill 20% is gone. You can change this but that's a whole new thing.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Quickest and easiest way. Download metamorph from market. Go to Droidpirate.com and on the right click on what you want. No with the battery you need to pick one that does 10%'s. Apex is set for that so if you use one in 20%'s the battery wont move untill 20% is gone. You can change this but that's a whole new thing.

Most of the battery icons for Metamorph does not support 10% battery levels which means the battery meter will switch back and fourth from new meter and stock ones... If you like the battery meter I zipped together in this screen shot I uploaded it for you and it does support 10% battery meters

attachment.php

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Actually, I think it's easier to use the ApeX toolbox than use metamorph, though you only have two options.

Open Terminal Emulator.

At the prompt:

su <enter>

apextoolbox <enter>

Choose options from there. You also might want to make sure your toolbox is updated. The command is "updatetb"

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I know this is apex related. But liberty1.5 also has a toolbox. It's an app that can be DL'd from the market. Within that app you can change your battery icon from a given list. Although using metamorph is extremely easy once you get the hang of it. There is a learning curve though. If you're tech savvy then you'll catch on right away.

Just so you know... Liberty supports 10% battery increments if that's your cup o tea

On a side note... Follow the path that TNT paves for you. He is an absolute android genius

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Almost all roms have toolbars installed in rom to customize the rom but I perfer to do it the old way because I like to understand how the option is done and if something happens to cause issue it will be easier to trouble shoot.

Last edited:

jt1028

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Or you can point out what you like/want and ill hook you up to make it easy.

Well if you insist lol That would be awesome!! I was looking for the circle icon in green kinda like your pic and with the % on the inside

Last edited:

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Well if you insist lol That would be awesome!! I was looking for the circle icon in green kinda like your pic and with the % on the inside

If you want that one its in the apex tool box. Its just a simple dl there and it will reboot. After that you got a new battery. Try it out. Its in goodies and is the first one labeled framework.

jt1028

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
If you want that one its in the apex tool box. Its just a simple dl there and it will reboot. After that you got a new battery. Try it out. Its in goodies and is the first one labeled framework.

Hey thanks that's what I was looking for. I didn't even know that was in there. It made that very easy. So thanks again!!!!

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Looks like I will be checking Apex new build out next, I am running Liberty and I keep having force close with a few apps that all other roms haven't experienced..

lsmunoz

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
tnt - any chance to work on making the one with the small lines and number inside blue versus the green? Sorry to be a pest.

Thanks

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
tnt - any chance to work on making the one with the small lines and number inside blue versus the green? Sorry to be a pest.

Thanks

O tried it out but the lines are so small trying to edit them is crazy. Keep looking like blobs and not lines. Im off the weekend and ill try it out again.

Reactions: lsmunoz

bor999

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Is it me, or does every set of battery icons on droidpirate have the percentages in 20s? Is there anything similar to the stock icon, but with numbers in the icon (100, 90, 80, 70, etc...)