Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Charlie03's Avatar

    Posts
    33 Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.4.2 Rooted

    Talking Bootloader 30.04 ER:A5, 70, 70, 00, 00 Mem_Map Blank Servc Req'd

    So this previous week was a true test of patience.
    I flashed an incorrect .sbf (I believe it was the droid x 2.1 full sbf) trying to recover my droid that was fully bricked. No recovery screen at all (no clockwork and no stock recovery) due to flashing the incorrect sbf through rsd lite (4.7 w/ patch). Never downgrade from 2.2.1 2.3.340 to 2.1. YOU WILL SUFFER! When the stress was toomuchi brought the phone to a corporate dealer and pretended I had no idea what was wrong with it. Yes I do feel guilty.... but since the service tecs were unable to even get intothe recovery screen they were none the wiser. They gave me a new droidx and I promised I was nevergoing to rom again.... well what do you know, by that next evening I relapse and return to active flashaholic mode. I flashed a new market theme on apex 1.4.1 and again stuck at the honeycomb boot. (Of course my modifying addiction displayed with cynicism at its best. So again im unable to get to clockwork and failing to load signature verification with an update.zip of apex 1.4.1 I had on the root of the sd I was having de ja vi. I plug this poor thing into pc and ran rsdlite under command prompt to flash sbf. Just as im jumping with joy when I see the flash process actually working and the re-enumeration was a success. I see the o-so-horrifying ER: A5, 70, 70, 00, 1F (the final 2 digits vary depending whether its pouted into your pc or not, if not it reads 00 for the last two. Im pretty sure) so I am with no stock recovery screen what so ever just the bootloader screen. I learned out that I flashed the incorrect sbf again. From what I believe it was the same 2.1 full sbf I did the first time. I know, rediculous right? Ii ended flashing the correct one which took me so long to come across due to very poor download speed and numerous issues with damn red lite. It is very picky on windows7. So I flashed the correct 2.2.1 full sbf. And miraculously I see the most beautiful Motorola boot logo. I think I actually kissed the logo for about 20 seconds. So I sit on my rooted apex1.4.1 droidx ha typing up some expierience that may well help others. I may post the full sbf I flashed to a download linksometime when I get home.
    Lesson: control your flashaholic behaviors/ know what the **** your doing!
  2. #2  

    Default

    These problems are all avoidable if you do some light reading on the subject.
    I feel like if you jump out in front of a bus, then you should get what's coming to you.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Charlie03's Avatar

    Posts
    33 Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.4.2 Rooted

    Default

    Wellll, maybe if life came with 25 year warranty I would. I've been in and around rooting and flashing since the original droid came out. This half-rooted temporary deal is the thing thars causing frustration. Not having a full root on the x makes things just a tid bit different. Ii thank all the developers and android wizzes for their knowledge and experience to share. I just struggle it seems to grab the concept behind full sbf's and system onlys, and why people post links of the same file but have different checksums. Well I know I wad in a pretty rare state of btickage and there was limited information. So I hope that if there is someone with this same issue, I can help them!
  4. #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie03 View Post
    Wellll, maybe if life came with 25 year warranty I would. I've been in and around rooting and flashing since the original droid came out. This half-rooted temporary deal is the thing thars causing frustration. Not having a full root on the x makes things just a tid bit different. Ii thank all the developers and android wizzes for their knowledge and experience to share. I just struggle it seems to grab the concept behind full sbf's and system onlys, and why people post links of the same file but have different checksums. Well I know I wad in a pretty rare state of btickage and there was limited information. So I hope that if there is someone with this same issue, I can help them!
    This is why I do not download from mirror sites or file sharing sites for files as important as a SBF or Root, if I cant get it from the developer then I guess I dont need it.... I am not going to risk a corrupt or modified version of something that once it is installed I have no control of what is going on in the background.
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...
  5. #5  
    upgradde's Avatar

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP Build 40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildman View Post
    This is why I do not download from mirror sites or file sharing sites for files as important as a SBF or Root, if I cant get it from the developer then I guess I dont need it.... I am not going to risk a corrupt or modified version of something that once it is installed I have no control of what is going on in the background.
    Wait....was the full SPF on the sticky of this forum legit? That's the one I have loaded on my comp, just in case. I also have the one From Team Black Hat loaded onto my SD card if i can do it that way? Am I good you think?
  6. #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by upgradde View Post
    Wait....was the full SPF on the sticky of this forum legit? That's the one I have loaded on my comp, just in case.
    I've used it; it's fine.
  7. #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by upgradde View Post
    Wait....was the full SPF on the sticky of this forum legit? That's the one I have loaded on my comp, just in case. I also have the one From Team Black Hat loaded onto my SD card if i can do it that way? Am I good you think?
    No the one posted here is fine, that's what I use but I was responding to the user reporting a file not matching the valid sum size.

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie03 View Post
    I just struggle it seems to grab the concept behind full sbf's and system onlys, and why people post links of the same file but have different checksums.
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...
    Thanked by:
  8. #8  
    upgradde's Avatar

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP Build 40

    Default

    LOL cool. Thanks man.
  9. #9  
    JkdJedi's Avatar
    Android Enthusiast

    Posts
    2,105 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,106 Global Posts
    ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dvader View Post
    These problems are all avoidable if you do some light reading on the subject.
    I feel like if you jump out in front of a bus, then you should get what's coming to you.
    LOVE IT!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    Charlie03's Avatar

    Posts
    33 Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.4.2 Rooted

    Default

    Yeah the .sbf i used was the one stickied here on androidcentral. It did the trick for me.
  11. #11  

    Default

    Glad that you got it resolved..
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    Charlie03's Avatar

    Posts
    33 Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.4.2 Rooted

    Default

    Thanks wildman, I certainly learned alot of useful information in the process. In a way Im kind of glad I was irresponsible at the time, I wouldn't of learned anything about rsd lite and sbf's. Although I don't wish it upon anyone to learn the way I do.
    Droid X, Flashaholic
    Xoom Wi/Fi Rooted, Tiamat..... popcorn kernel
  13. #13  
    Silverag08's Avatar

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

    Default

    Hey Charlie03,
    I just ran into this problem tonight and was wondering if you wouldn't mind outlining for me how you dug yourself out.. I miss my OG Droid things were never this difficult with it.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Bootloader 30.04 ER:A5, 70, 70, 00, 00 Mem_Map Blank Servc Re

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie03 View Post
    So this previous week was a true test of patience.
    I flashed an incorrect .sbf (I believe it was the droid x 2.1 full sbf) trying to recover my droid that was fully bricked. No recovery screen at all (no clockwork and no stock recovery) due to flashing the incorrect sbf through rsd lite (4.7 w/ patch). Never downgrade from 2.2.1 2.3.340 to 2.1. YOU WILL SUFFER! When the stress was toomuchi brought the phone to a corporate dealer and pretended I had no idea what was wrong with it. Yes I do feel guilty.... but since the service tecs were unable to even get intothe recovery screen they were none the wiser. They gave me a new droidx and I promised I was nevergoing to rom again.... well what do you know, by that next evening I relapse and return to active flashaholic mode. I flashed a new market theme on apex 1.4.1 and again stuck at the honeycomb boot. (Of course my modifying addiction displayed with cynicism at its best. So again im unable to get to clockwork and failing to load signature verification with an update.zip of apex 1.4.1 I had on the root of the sd I was having de ja vi. I plug this poor thing into pc and ran rsdlite under command prompt to flash sbf. Just as im jumping with joy when I see the flash process actually working and the re-enumeration was a success. I see the o-so-horrifying ER: A5, 70, 70, 00, 1F (the final 2 digits vary depending whether its pouted into your pc or not, if not it reads 00 for the last two. Im pretty sure) so I am with no stock recovery screen what so ever just the bootloader screen. I learned out that I flashed the incorrect sbf again. From what I believe it was the same 2.1 full sbf I did the first time. I know, rediculous right? Ii ended flashing the correct one which took me so long to come across due to very poor download speed and numerous issues with damn red lite. It is very picky on windows7. So I flashed the correct 2.2.1 full sbf. And miraculously I see the most beautiful Motorola boot logo. I think I actually kissed the logo for about 20 seconds. So I sit on my rooted apex1.4.1 droidx ha typing up some expierience that may well help others. I may post the full sbf I flashed to a download linksometime when I get home.
    Lesson: control your flashaholic behaviors/ know what the **** your doing!
    I have the MEM_MAP blank problem that seems to be exactly what you had. Cant get out of the same bootloader. Where can I find the correct SBF to flash via RSDlite? preferably the one you also used.

    Thanks for your help and great thread.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Bootloader 30.04 ER:A5, 70, 70, 00, 00 Mem_Map Blank Servc Req'd

    Omg im stuck with the same problem myself. could u share the link from where u got the sbf. that worked for you. i would really really appreciate it! im quite desperate here. :S
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Bootloader 30.04 ER:A5, 70, 70, 00, 00 Mem_Map Blank Servc Req'd

    'MEM_MAP blank' means SBF was incompatible
    the latest system version 2.3.4/4.5.621 can not be downgraded
    4.5.621 sbf can be found www.1kds.tk
    full name 1FF-p3a_shadow_cdma_shadow-user-2.3.4-4.5.1_57_DX8-51-120111-test-keys-signed-Verizon-US.sbf
    download and verify md5: 06bbf7ee86c0ed64654e14bcb84c4aed
    [How to] Verify that your download is complete with MD5/SHA-1 Hash Checksums
    download rsd lite
    How to use RSD Lite
    if you want to root
    DX (MB810) Root 2.3.4/4.5.621

    more links in my list
    sd_shadow's [Collection] of Links: FAQs, Guides, Rooting, SBFs, ROMs... - Google Docs
    [ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click .APK to root
    I have verified it works with these Motorola devices running android 2.3.4
    Droid 2 (a955), Droid 2 Global (a956), R2D2 (a957), & Droid X (MB810)
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Bootloader 30.04 ER:A5, 70, 70, 00, 00 Mem_Map Blank Servc Req'd

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions