overclocking does it matter what voltages i choose?

wormeyman

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm running liberty and i use the overclock script i always just choose stock votages because i assume that it is the safest, from what i've read online low voltages make the device run cooler. However can i a higher overclock with more voltage? i usually choose stock voltage & 1.25ghz.

Charlie03

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I've pondered on this too. My knowledge on laws of electricity is ok but im not quite up to par with the fundamentals of a processor. I would think to that higher the voltage the. More efficiency and reliability of the the proocessor speed??? Just my guess. But yes t you would sacrafice bat life for higher voltage.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Charlie03 nice way to describe your response and you are correct, underclocking may help with battery life but for some user it causes lags and lockups because when the system hit a high demand situation the processor fails because on the restriction on power required to function correctly at higher speeds.. It is best to keep the voltage at defaults to avoid issue, you can still overclock but dont adjust power settings.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Charlie03 nice way to describe your response and you are correct, underclocking may help with battery life but for some user it causes lags and lockups because when the system hit a high demand situation the processor fails because on the restriction on power required to function correctly at higher speeds.. It is best to keep the voltage at defaults to avoid issue, you can still overclock but dont adjust power settings.

+1 . There's a nice thread here on a cool app ...QuickClock Advanced. The best overclocking app out there.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol