Butt Dialing

Kaizmuth

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
I've had a problem with my Droid X randomly dialing phone numbers since I've had it. I've tried several different roms (Apex, GummyJar, now Liberty 1.5) and it's done it on all of them. It's not just the last number dialed, or someone out of my recent calls list. Those happen too, but often times it's just some random number.

I originally thought it was from my Bluetooth earpiece (Plantronics Voyager Pro) getting the button hit to activate voice dialing. That has happened, but I've had it happen with the earpiece has been off, as well as when I know the button hasn't been touched.

Anyone else have this problem? I've had two 'international' calls show up on my bill because of this. Really, I don't know anyone in Santiago Chile, so have no reason to call there. I actually remember when that call was made because of the odd long number.

It's happened across several ROMS, so I don't think that's it. It's happened with the Bluetooth earpiece on and off, but usually when it's on.

Any ideas?

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Butt dialing? Why do you sit on your phone? Do you want to break it?

I was think just this... The device cost to much to place it in my back pocket and take a change of cracking it in half, the phone is build tough but not that tough..

Now as for accidentally dialing from device, I haven't experienced this with the the Droid X, have you disabled the slider option by using NoLock because when it is disable all it takes is a button press to turn on and any screen touch from that point will activate.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I was think just this... The device cost to much to place it in my back pocket and take a change of cracking it in half, the phone is build tough but not that tough..

Now as for accidentally dialing from device, I haven't experienced this with the the Droid X, have you disabled the slider option by using NoLock because when it is disable all it takes is a button press to turn on and any screen touch from that point will activate.

My feelings are mutual here, how do you accidentally call someone when the screen is off? My friends DINC does this only cause of his clumsy fingers but never a butt dial. I'd have your phone checked for a rouged app or something.

lostwood

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
super easy way to stop all random dialings is to install google voice and select the option of you want to decide every call if it goes through google or verizon

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
super easy way to stop all random dialings is to install google voice and select the option of you want to decide every call if it goes through google or verizon

That wont help on this case because that just another option to tap to make call, the easiest way is to lock the phone...

Kaizmuth

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
Actually, butt dialing is a misnomer. I always keep my phone in its holster. Never kept it in a pocket.

It's done the random dialing in the holster, sitting on the table, etc. 90% of the time it does it, the screen is off.

I doubt its a rogue app because the numbers are completely random, usually local (no area code), and aren't valid numbers.

This has persisted across several roms, and after numerous full wipes.

Still no idea why it's doing it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463