need help please....

Titan21

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I need to reset my phone back to factory settings to do a fresh install of a rom, but the conventional methonds are not working (clockwork mod factory reset, i've gone into settings and reset to factory), all ways of trying does not erase the previous data... and on top of things I have a droid x, but on the start up after a factory reset when you set your phone back up it sais that I'm setting up a droid 2 for some reason... i have back ups made of previous roms that were working, but now when i restore to them they are very laggy, and eventually freeze the phone up... will flashing the SBF file help to recover the phone, and make it think it's a droid x again??

mac16

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely make sure you are downloading the right version of Froyo. That is the biggest issue is people flash the wrong version, so in your settings-phone double and triple check you are flashing the right version and you should be good as new.

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
yes the first thread on this paige is an official full sbf... download that and flash it in CWM, it will be just like it was out of the box...not that you will need to but i always wipe data/cache in cwm before flashing any new rom... even an sbf... just to make sure nothing lingers from previous mods...

Reactions: Titan21

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair