3.4.2 Update

Charlie03

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Came across this really helpful step by step guide to installing the 3.4.2 update. And if there are some who are fearful of flashing this through clockwork, I can confirm that it went smooth (Came from apex 1.4.1).Once you get to the Set up with your accounts, it may reboot again.
As of right now Im trying to figure out why I am getting random reboots.

Thought I'd share.

Droid X Monster Updater 3.4.2 zip

Last edited:

Charlie03

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
This has had some reboot issues from what im reading. But alot of it is due from not doing a data/cache wipe pre installing and post install. I was in a nice bootloader-stuckage for awhile. It eventually worked

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
wat if u used z4 to root will this still be stable. and i have the bootstrapper already. seems interesting. any screenshots available??

Sent from the X of B

Charlie03

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I flashed back to 2.2.34. Didn't fancy it to much.
From what i understand, people have been using one-click-root on the computer to get the root, and theres a funky little process to obtain root, like clicking on and off for the debugging,strange. But I did not use z4root. As for bootstrapper you have to download the Droid 2 Bootstrapper because it is updated.

Last edited:

SYL

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
It is a leaked version from
p3droid. It will possibly be an OTA. They might just go ahead and skip to Gingerbread though.

What do you mean they might skip to Gingerbread? What is there to skip? and what does 3.4.2 mean? Gingerbread on the Nexus S isn't even that far in update numbers.
Can somebody please explain what this post is entirely? What is this version of the OS? im curious now :)

SYL

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so after a bit of forum browsing, it seems that this is NOT gingerbread. It is merely an update to MotoBlur 3.4.2 on Froyo. People have reported that it runs much smoother than the current 2.3.340 and battery life has been increased significantly.

Charlie03

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I can say that it does run smoother, meaning the scrolling and touch response is "smoother". I especially enjoy the hint of vibration and high quality touch sound that has a certain crispness to it. It really is a nice feeling typing. A lot different in my perspective from these two simple things. There is also an option to jump between different homescreen "profiles". Home, Work, Weekends. Kind of convenient. I mean there are not that many noticable UI changes. Some added blur.
I have to say I've experienced some minor "laggyness" from time to time. But again all this is is a minor update from the Current OTA .2.3.34.
Rooting must be done with super-one-click from the pc in company with the Droid 2 Bootstrap app. Just because it has a newer update and will be able to access root.

mike13617

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have been running 3.4.2 for about 2 weeks now, and I would like to report that the moto blur is very stable compared to the official OTA version. I know there are a lot of haters out there who don't want anything to do with blur, but for me the weather and messaging blur apps meet my needs perfectly. With the official OTA version I was having problems with the messaging app not syncing properly, but that issue has gone away with 3.4.2

I rooted the DX with one click root, and I am using the D2 bootstrap instead of the DX bootstrap. Also, when you run ROM manager, tell the program you have a D2, not a DX. From what I have read this is due to the fact that the DX bootstrap has not been updated, but the D2 has been.

I know I am in the minority, but this ROM is working better for me than Apex. But, then again this is the good thing with Android and the Bad thing about the locked down DX; custom roms for android and the locked down bootloader on the DX that doesnt let us take advanatage of a more custom experience.