Liberty 1.5 / Market not updating..

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Anyone else get the updated Market? My DX on Liberty 1.5 hasn't, but my OG Droid running Gingerbread, my Dell Streak and my Atrix all have it updated.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Great.. now Google Voice wont update.

"Package not signed correctly"

Yet it installs fine on my Atrix. I like Liberty, but tiny issues like this are making me want to go back to Apex.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried clearing data within the app? Go to applications then click on the market. It may help

DXmeatclaws via talkatap

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Tried.. tried the market "trick" where you clear cache and force stop, then go to google services fw and clear data and force stop then reboot..

this is frustrating.

is your market the newest version? the way to tell is when you scroll down, the green top portion scrolls with you.

and did your Google Voice update?

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I do have the updated market. And Google voice didn't update. It gave me the same propmt it gave you. I just tried it

DXmeatclaws via talkatap

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I even tried to set the system to r/w and tried updating and nothing.. even tried the "fix permissions" in the liberty toolbox.. nada

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Do you use Google voice all the time? Maybe there's a fix coming soon. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you

DXmeatclaws via talkatap

Finsol

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
reguarding google voice

MAKE SURE TO BACK UP BEFORE ATTEMPTING.

For Liberty 1.5 users uninstall it with root explorer in /system and then reboot. You should now be able to install the updated version :).

DO NOT use Titanium Backup to uninstall the app you will get an error and will not be able to install the update along with problems using sms.

I nandroid restored back to stock blur and was able to install the update with no issues so as far as I can tell it's a problem with Liberty 1.5 that can be worked around witht he above recommendation. I cannot speak for other custom roms.

quoted myself lol, too lazy to rewrite.

I also have the most current market but installed it manually.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Im || close to just going back to stock blur.

Market's not updating, I lost my HDMI out, my gallery locks up upon opening sometimes.. my google maps *sometimeS* kernel panics my device and it reboots, can't update some apps.. wtf.. =(

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
You have to delete Facebook in titanium as well now to upgrade. Looks like liberty is getting outdated as well, lol. I'm near frustration here too.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Is this because the system is not being able to mount r/w?

I can't get rootexplorer to mount the system\app folder as r/w

I have to use the Liberty toolbox which then mounts it as r/w

This started happening just with Liberty..all my other roms I can use RE to mount the system folders as r/w

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Is this because the system is not being able to mount r/w?

I can't get rootexplorer to mount the system\app folder as r/w

I have to use the Liberty toolbox which then mounts it as r/w

This started happening just with Liberty..all my other roms I can use RE to mount the system folders as r/w

you should be able to do this in Root explorer. top right corner.
CAP201103161843.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair