Rooting DX Froyo 2.3

CarSalesman

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I have a week-old DX, with the latest Froyo. The Z4 Root app will not work with this ROM, as discussed by many at forum.xda-developers.com where the Z4 Root app is supported (actually not supported...). Has anyone successfully rooted the latest DX ROM, either by manually typing shell commands or other downloads? Anyone tried SuperOneClick?

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Z4 worked on my X a couple weeks ago. Sometimes you have to give it a couple tries.

The one click method didn't work for me the last time I tried it.

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
yea z4 is the only way to root in my opinion... if its not rooting your phone then there is a reason for it... so if i understand correctly, you have a droid x currently unrooted and running the latest version of froyo... you are trying to root with the one touch z4 method and it is unsuccessfull... ? if that is the case try wiping data/cache and then rooting... if you are going to be running any custom roms ( reccommend liberty 1.5 or apex 1.4.1) then you will have to wipe anyway. that should do the trick, if not then there has to be something else going on, hopefully you didnt download z4root from the marketplace, there is a fake method out there that is harmful to your phone...

CarSalesman

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I had been trying to root with RootMyX2. That would not work with my 2.3.340 DX. I ran Z4 which initially would not work, but with your suggestions I rebooted the phone and then Z4 worked fine. I suspect the reboot before Z4 is required because some application that may be already running interferes. Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae