Best Custom Rom at the moment?

boweveljoe

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I have been using Liberty 1.5 and it has been getting sluggish a lot lately. To the point where it drags and then reboots.

I have tried reinstalling it fresh but within a few days it continues this.

What are you guys using? What has been updated recently? Any recommendations?

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Besides Rubix 2.0.1 and Liberty, I would try Darkslide 4.2 as well. It's a great rom. Also, I've heard good things about Rubix Blurry but I haven't personally tested it.

en28so

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I have tried many roms, but my favorite is Darkslide 4.2. The most stable rom by far. But like I have said before, not all droids are the same. So try them all to see which one works best for your phone.

DanGirsh

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have been using Liberty 1.5 and it has been getting sluggish a lot lately. To the point where it drags and then reboots.

Once I got to Liberty, I've never had the desire to look for anything else. Have you tried enabling the sysctl.conf settings for snappiness? I use the ones found here (copied below)

Sysctl Support: Check
Min Free KBytes: 4096
Dirty Ratio: 90
Dirty Background Ratio: 70
VFS Cache Pressure: 1
Oom Allocating Task: Check

Reboot your phone, go to the terminal emulator and type in:

sysctl -a | grep vm

These keep it snappy and noticeably increase battery life. The only snag is that every few days (with my moderate use) the phone needs a reboot before apps get "starved for memory."

cadis12

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
No love for Apex? It's the first Rom that I have used. Been running it for about 5 days now and am very impressed! Battery life is SIGNIFICANTLY better then the stock software. Do you guys think I should try other roms?

cadis12

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
For those of you that have tried all the Roms which do you think are the most stable and provide the best battery life?

ddodge68

May 11, 2010
Visit site
+1 for RubiX. I've tried Liberty, Apex and Darkslide. All really good ROMs, but for me, RubiX is faster, and more stable.

Icon

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I was using Liberty 1.5, but switched over to Apex last night. Im running the Honeybread theme and love it. However I find the battery life is better with Liberty cause it is completely Blurless. Also Liberty seems to have more customization capabilities. Most of the customization in Apex comes from ADW Launcher. Not 100% sure if Im staying with Apex or Switching back to Liberty, but Im going to give it a few more days.

rgray331975

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Tried them all and gummyjar is the most stable and fastest on my phone, but like someone said every phone is diffrent

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
For those of you that have tried all the Roms which do you think are the most stable and provide the best battery life?

The must consistent results I've gotten in these departments are with RubiX 2.0.1 and I've tried them all. Just my experience, though.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mdlissner

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I used Liberty 1.0 and thought that was great. Got many reboots when I moved to Liberty 1.5 and have switched to Apex 1.4. I have been happy with that for over a month. May have to give RubiX a try, but am patiently waiting to see if Liberty 2.0 comes out in the next 24 to 48 hours. I just liked the lack of bloatware on Liberty alot.