Gingerbread NOW available

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uki4-61vhW4&feature=player_embedded

Rooted Gingerbread
http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/...id-x-gingerbread-2-3-3-release-prerooted.html

3. Install the file you downloaded above

4. Sit back and watch (Your phone will bootloop for approx 30 secs, if any longer than that, pull battery and restart your phone.

You should now have gingerbread and it should be rooted.

5. You have to use D2 Bootstrap on Gingerbread, DX bootstrap won't work.Get it here Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrap v1.0.0.3.apk You might get DX bootstrap to work if USB Debugging is off

6. If you're having Sync Issues After flash you need to Go back and do a Factory Reset in Stock Recovery. It helps if you do it multiple times. I usually do it 3 or 4 at a minimum.

7. IF YOU FOLLOW P3Droid ON TWITTER YOU ALREADY SAW THAT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP ROOT THEN YOU SHOULD NOT EXCEPT THE OTA. TO HELP THAT NOT HAPPEN RENAME UPGRADER.APK TO UPGRADER.BAK IN /SYSTEM/APP

8.( Apps missing from your market?
EDIT: TNT posted beeslys Gingerbread build.prop hack found in Rom Manager, no need to wipe data when flashing from rom manager.)

Gingerbread Rooted should be flashed BEFORE Gingerbread Deodexed!!
If you plan on flashing a theme to Gingerbread then you'll need to be deodexed, otherwise Gingerbread Root is all you need!

Gingerbread Deodexed
http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/...roid-x-2-3-3-gingerbread-deodexed-rooted.html
Gingerbread THEMED!!!
http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/...e-alpha-1-stock-gingerbread-dx.html#post64214

Last edited:

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Downloading this now great work tbh. One question since this version doesn't have root is there any way I can still use wireless tethering.

I'm suspecting it has been rooted, not sure on the details. But Fab has congratulated P3Droid on rooting it. We'll have to cross our fingers on that notion.

At 2% :-(

Finsol

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I'll be downloading it tomorrow morning when the servers aren't overloaded. The screen shots look very nice, I wanna see what the new blur has to offer.

Looking at the quadrant scores its looks like it's a definite improvement speedwise.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I'll be downloading it tomorrow morning when the servers aren't overloaded. The screen shots look very nice, I wanna see what the new blur has to offer.

Looking at the quadrant scores its looks like it's a definite improvement speedwise.

posted youtube link on OP.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Your gonna need the TBH app for now. Will go public in 72 hours from now. Downloads are a crawl at this minute.

It may come sooner than that. p3droid said he'd put the question to the people who have donated as to whether to release it to the public sooner in order to reduce the strain.

drmanhattan57

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
p3droid's twitter is getting slammed right now i believe he is about to go public with gb...hopefully "P3Droid: something's very wrong, in past 30 mins i have 737 mentions...this is madness people"

Reactions: Goldchamp

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
flashing over liberty 1.5

Got this loaded and I'm gonna just go for it and flash over Liberty 1.5 . I'll post in a bit on the out come.
Bootloop. Had to do a factory reset. Got it loaded and now doing the dreaded syncing w/ Google and apps. :) Just when I was getting bored w/ this X. Glad P3Droid came through on this.

Last edited:

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
No root I loose wireless tether for my Xoom. Owell I can deal :)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Whats up TNT! It's been while, so you got a xoom rom for the dx? Nice! I'll have to check that one out after I play with Gingerbread for a couple of days.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Whoa. They changed to social networking widget so that the info is displayed a bit better, and they added a really cool transition to it.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

I am with you on that....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae