Gingerbread NOW available
3. Install the file you downloaded above
4. Sit back and watch (Your phone will bootloop for approx 30 secs, if any longer than that, pull battery and restart your phone.
You should now have gingerbread and it should be rooted.
5. You have to use D2 Bootstrap on Gingerbread, DX bootstrap won't work.Get it here Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrap v18.104.22.168.apk You might get DX bootstrap to work if USB Debugging is off
6. If you're having Sync Issues After flash you need to Go back and do a Factory Reset in Stock Recovery. It helps if you do it multiple times. I usually do it 3 or 4 at a minimum.
7. IF YOU FOLLOW P3Droid ON TWITTER YOU ALREADY SAW THAT IF YOU WANT TO KEEP ROOT THEN YOU SHOULD NOT EXCEPT THE OTA. TO HELP THAT NOT HAPPEN RENAME UPGRADER.APK TO UPGRADER.BAK IN /SYSTEM/APP
8.( Apps missing from your market?
EDIT: TNT posted beeslys Gingerbread build.prop hack found in Rom Manager, no need to wipe data when flashing from rom manager.)
Gingerbread Rooted should be flashed BEFORE Gingerbread Deodexed!!
If you plan on flashing a theme to Gingerbread then you'll need to be deodexed, otherwise Gingerbread Root is all you need!
- 03-27-2011, 08:50 PM #2
- 03-27-2011, 08:58 PM #3
- 03-27-2011, 09:01 PM #5
- 03-27-2011, 09:03 PM #6
I'll be downloading it tomorrow morning when the servers aren't overloaded. The screen shots look very nice, I wanna see what the new blur has to offer.
Looking at the quadrant scores its looks like it's a definite improvement speedwise.
- 03-27-2011, 09:07 PM #8
- 03-27-2011, 09:34 PM #9
- 03-27-2011, 09:43 PM #10
- 03-27-2011, 09:48 PM #11
- 03-27-2011, 09:53 PM #13
flashing over liberty 1.5
Got this loaded and I'm gonna just go for it and flash over Liberty 1.5 . I'll post in a bit on the out come.
Bootloop. Had to do a factory reset. Got it loaded and now doing the dreaded syncing w/ Google and apps. :-) Just when I was getting bored w/ this X. Glad P3Droid came through on this.
- 03-27-2011, 10:07 PM #15
- 03-27-2011, 10:38 PM #17
- 03-27-2011, 10:39 PM #18
- 03-27-2011, 10:48 PM #19
- 03-27-2011, 10:48 PM #20
- 03-27-2011, 10:48 PM #21
- 03-27-2011, 10:50 PM #22
- 03-27-2011, 10:58 PM #24
- 03-27-2011, 11:00 PM #25