Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Just loaded GB.. Looks like we lost FB picture sync to our contacts. What now?

So I just loaded Gingerbread, so far I love it.. but, I'm disappointed that I haven't found any way to sync my contacts with my facebook account. On the "older" Froyo S/W, we were able to sync things up and get all of our pictures of our friends on FB to our contacts.

I couldn't figure out how to do this with GB and it doesn't seem like it's even possible. Is there any way to get our FB contacts to sync with our contacts?

Quote Originally Posted by mike86325 View Post
    So I just loaded Gingerbread, so far I love it.. but, I'm disappointed that I haven't found any way to sync my contacts with my facebook account. On the "older" Froyo S/W, we were able to sync things up and get all of our pictures of our friends on FB to our contacts.

I couldn't figure out how to do this with GB and it doesn't seem like it's even possible. Is there any way to get our FB contacts to sync with our contacts?
    you do it the same way you did it in froyo.. mine worked just fine.
    sync'd all my fb contacts.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by dvader View Post
    you do it the same way you did it in froyo.. mine worked just fine.
    sync'd all my fb contacts.
    It's been a while, but I think the method was:

1) Go to "my accounts"
    2) set up FB account
    3) set account as picture source

Correct? I couldn't find the "set account to picture source" option anywhere

yep that's correct.
    just add the facebook account. don't worry about not seeing the pic source part. it will do it on it's own
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by dvader View Post
    yep that's correct.
    just add the facebook account. don't worry about not seeing the pic source part. it will do it on it's own
    Just did a second system restore since the phone was SUPER laggy and now everything is showing up! sweet.

Hopefully I didn't scare anyone from updating

Is it actually going to keep the pictures updated? On Froyo it seemed to pull them once when the account was first linked and then not allow them to be changed.

Also, will it allow you to actually choose what to name the contact, instead of deciding randomly between Facebook name and Google name? And for that matter, is it actually backing stuff up to your Google contacts?
    Junkie

Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    ROM
    Synergy Nightlies

Glad you got it figured out.

Now that you have, may I suggest you don't use the Android Facebook client? About 3 weeks ago, someone on either these forums or phandroid pointed me to Flow. There is a free and paid version in the market. I'm not trying to pimp the program, but the paid verison is sooooo worth it. You get actual notifications as long as you have your FB account sending messages to your gmail account on your phone. Works like the BB one does, if you came from that OS.

Plus the developer is very active with updates and new features.