ROM Manager...

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
...is not working properly now that I've gone GB. It will install and run, yet it will not boot into recovery via the app itself, and when I chose backup current ROM, the same thing happens. Black screen until I battery pull. Not sure who else if any has this issue but it is an issue.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
ROM Manager isn't necessary. I never use ROM Manager for anything except renaming backups; I only use Droid X Bootstrapper.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I know it isn't necessary but I like the program and the download ability. Just wondering why the backup wasn't working when it was previous to the GB deal. Guess those devs have work to do

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
ok well now this IS a problem for me. Bootstrap recovery wont go into recovery either. I thought it was just ROM Manager. But when i tapped bootstrap recovery(top) it said Success! OK and then I tapped Boot into Recovery and I got the same black screen as w ROM Manager. Not a powered offf black screen either, u can tell the screen is still powered on. And I let it sit for about...3mins Id say before I battery pulled.
Not cool if I cannot backup.

Sage_F

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Make sure that you are using the bootstrap for the Droid 2 since that is the only one that currently works with the GB leak.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
ok well now this IS a problem for me. Bootstrap recovery wont go into recovery either. I thought it was just ROM Manager. But when i tapped bootstrap recovery(top) it said Success! OK and then I tapped Boot into Recovery and I got the same black screen as w ROM Manager. Not a powered offf black screen either, u can tell the screen is still powered on. And I let it sit for about...3mins Id say before I battery pulled.
Not cool if I cannot backup.

Sorry to hear about your little glitch there JerseyBoy. Make sure USB Debugging is off, if that don't do it you might have to start all over from scratch (meaning SBF to 2.3.340 and try a new Gingerbread file) FYI I'm on DX Bootstrap and am NOW backing up my Ginger Build in Rom Manager, it works.;)

Reactions: jerseyboy357

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your little glitch there JerseyBoy. Make sure USB Debugging is off, if that don't do it you might have to start all over from scratch (meaning SBF to 2.3.340 and try a new Gingerbread file) FYI I'm on DX Bootstrap and am NOW backing up my Ginger Build in Rom Manager, it works.;)

Do you or anyone know of a good .zip that is NOT located here? Here is where I got it from originally, the rooted version. I could Google for hours, but I trust my AC community is why I ask sometimes for things here instead of my own searching.

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
The easiest way is to Google apex or liberty for droidx. Those are the main ROMs and from there you can find the others.

Fission ROM manager has some too. None are worth the money other than TBH imo. They have Tranquility ROM which is nice. But this gingerbread leak has been my daily driver.

And ROM manager has been broke for awhile. I have never been able to get it to boot into recovery or backup or load ROMs or do anything other than download ROMs.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
The Bootstrap for X goes into recovery now that I have turned off USB Debugging. Whew, finally i can back up. Thread can be dead now, thanks guys.