Team Black Hat

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
OK I am just learning about team black hat and how they are involved in releases so I went ahead and got the app today. When I open it, it has in order, a list of leaks as they call them. Here is the first one in the list:

"Full Gingerbread(2.3.3) Rooted and Deodexed(update.zip format)(DROIDX)
This is the full Gingerbread ROM. You must be running the Gingerbread leaked firmware. You will need to enter bootstrap and go to recovery. From there you will need to install this file. You can find install instructions on the MyDroidWorld website."

Then it has the tap to download the file described above. My question is a two parter. First, is this the file, rooted, that we all already have? And two, if it isn't, what would happen if I downloaded this now and installed it over the gingerbread rooted leak I already downloaded(gbrootedx.zip)? Thanks I want to make sure I understand before I act.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
OK I am just learning about team black hat and how they are involved in releases so I went ahead and got the app today. When I open it, it has in order, a list of leaks as they call them. Here is the first one in the list:

"Full Gingerbread(2.3.3) Rooted and Deodexed(update.zip format)(DROIDX)
This is the full Gingerbread ROM. You must be running the Gingerbread leaked firmware. You will need to enter bootstrap and go to recovery. From there you will need to install this file. You can find install instructions on the MyDroidWorld website."

Then it has the tap to download the file described above. My question is a two parter. First, is this the file, rooted, that we all already have? And two, if it isn't, what would happen if I downloaded this now and installed it over the gingerbread rooted leak I already downloaded(gbrootedx.zip)? Thanks I want to make sure I understand before I act.

This is the deodexed ginger that will allow you to apply themes to the Ginger build. Odexed roms won't allow u to do this.
Yes you should flash this over your existing Gingerbread. If your not planning on theming u probably won't need this.
If you do, download the file on Wi-Fi.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reactions: jerseyboy357

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Jedi:

Thanks for the info. Yes I do actually have a theme laying on my laptop waiting to go to my card now that I got my recovery issue fixed. So I will install this and see what happens if it allows me to install the theme

rgray:
I feel terrible I cannot find the thread that had the link to the theme I have saved on my laptop so Im going to name the file and maybe someone can locate it...Alpha-1_2.zip
There is also already a nexus bootscreen available as well...nexus_bootscreen_s.zip
If you guys can locate them, then you'll see what I mean. I remember it specifically saying they will install/work on our new GB rooted builds. Correct me if I am wrong on anything

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Jedi:

Thanks for the info. Yes I do actually have a theme laying on my laptop waiting to go to my card now that I got my recovery issue fixed. So I will install this and see what happens if it allows me to install the theme

rgray:
I feel terrible I cannot find the thread that had the link to the theme I have saved on my laptop so Im going to name the file and maybe someone can locate it...Alpha-1_2.zip
There is also already a nexus bootscreen available as well...nexus_bootscreen_s.zip
If you guys can locate them, then you'll see what I mean. I remember it specifically saying they will install/work on our new GB rooted builds. Correct me if I am wrong on anything

Check out the OP on the Gingerbread NOW available thread.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
haha there it is ty Jedi. so i installed the deodexed gb just now and it all went oh so smooth. now time to install the theme and boot animation and see how they turn out. man i love this stuff ?

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
haha there it is ty Jedi. so i installed the deodexed gb just now and it all went oh so smooth. now time to install the theme and boot animation and see how they turn out. man i love this stuff ?

I didn't catch if the Ginger had the nice TV out sequence or if was part of the alpha+1 theme? Anybody catch that?

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Well snafu has been hit, then hit back,lol. The boot animation works flawlessly, even though I still get the Red M first. But then when it boots to my desktop screen, it ssssslllloowwwwwwsss to a freeze. Everything boots up. The 3g and signal meter stay gray though and I can hit buttons, tap the screen nothing. So I did a battery pull Moto reboot and it happened again. And then as I sat here typing this message just now, it rebooted by itself, I swear to whatever. And it booted flawlessly and its fully functional except the theme didn't load, nothing looks different theme wise. Am I missing a setting somewhere? Oh wait my 3g, signal meter and battery are now green? What? And all the system apps I removed with SystemApp Delete are all back in the drawer which is still in the settings I left it in.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
ok now im noticing some visual change. such as the dialer is totally different. my wallpaper is the same i thought it would revert to stock X. guess ill keep seein new things as i use it.

update: about an hour from last entry. One thing was my battery indicator got a question mark and my circle battery widget read 100 which i knew wasnt true. I plugged it into my car charger and I got the VZ message saying the battery cant be chargeed please replace with a official Moto battery HA. SO i just got home and rebooted normally and its all back, true color/widget levvel and in the wall charging just fine. Jedi you had me worried for a moment,,lol

Sent from the X of B

Last edited:

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
i just remembered that metamorph comes with theming so I went ahead and opened it and I try to choose the alpha zip same for the 1 that we just got and it said it was a bad file but it cant be if ive noticed changez. wouldnt it just not install?

Sent from the X of B

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
i just remembered that metamorph comes with theming so I went ahead and opened it and I try to choose the alpha zip same for the 1 that we just got and it said it was a bad file but it cant be if ive noticed changez. wouldnt it just not install?

Sent from the X of B

I don't think u need Metamorph to flash the Alpha-1 theme, just flash it from Bootstrap.;)

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yea I did. Can u post screenshots of what the theme looks like on yours for me? Just so I can see if I am missing something or not.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
CAP201103311821.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37