P3Droid Announces to UNPATCH NOW!!!!

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
P3 told someone on twitter that in order to be investigated youd have to use up to or over 150GB w Tether to be investigated. Now to me, not being the developer type, that does seem like a number that would catch a carrier's attention, yet how many of us, especially those freaking out, would actually use that amount in a cycle?

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
OP updated w/ TeamBlackHat App APK (in case you want tether again...Oh I meant in case you want to unpatch from the app..he he he) Theres a lot more in there besides the patches and again all of this is a major Panic button situation for P3Droid, not for us, we're just doing HIM a favor by unpatching.

Reactions: jerseyboy357

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
This reminds me of The Matrix pt 1 when Neo is in the office cubicle and Agent Smith is at the other end ready to do a search(Hugo Weaving kicks so much ass, hope he does as Red Skull). And for the hilarity of this, it also reminds me of Office Space when Stan stood up to see "The Bob's" feverishly looking for someone to can,lol

ndwatkins

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I can't quite fathom 150 GB but I've tethered like twice to do my math when my home internet was down. (My university has changed to online math homework) I do think it's probably going to be a problem soon for people who have been completely replacing their home internet with not by-the-book tethering, but people, the rabid fear-mongering has got to quit. It's getting insane.

Like I said, I have respect for P3 and TBH. I'm loving the GB leak. I don't think it was necessarily his intention to stir the pot, but that's what happened. A little while ago when this was all coming out, someone asked him on Twitter why TBH posted a hack for hotspot if he didn't believe in "illegal" tether, and P3 said something to the effect of, "we post things, users have to decide what's right or wrong." I mean...you can't post a recipe for "How to Cook Babies" and then be like "well personally I think that's morally wrong but its totally up to you what you do with it." Now obviously we're all adults and we're all responsible for our own decisions, I just think that in particular is kind of a stupid thing to say. You either believe in what you're doing or you don't.

Personally, every penny out of the carriers' pockets gladdens me-I think we need some serious wireless policy reform in this country. In the meantime though, I do think it would be nifty if the community would band together some and stop running around in circles and screaming.

Just my two cents of the morning...back to class with me!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

vor

May 26, 2010
Visit site
images
likes this

Tone_Capone

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
So to make this patch work do you uninstall the tether app then run the patch?

Does running the tether app undo the patch? How do we make sure this works?

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
My phone will remain rooted. Never loaded any patch or anything but I used wireless tether maybe 3 times.

Sithlrdvad

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I wonder what's going to happen next week.

"Everybody turn off your Android phones exactly at 11:39pm, the cell phones companies are about to launch a 5 minutes tracking device at this time to see if you are rooted"

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
All this is making SPRINT look pretty good right now. They don't charge you xtra for tethering.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Head Honcho at Verizon:

Honcho - "Larry I want to see if you can stir the pot and create some panic amongst these rooters."

Larry - "Ok boss, I will release multiple leaks, with misinformation".

Honcho - "I want to see them squirm"

Sithlrdvad

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Sprint IS been looking good.

My co-worker has them and he is been making fun of me because of them plan I have and how much I pay compared to what he pays on his plan.

Ah well, I like Verizon; they been good to me...so far...

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I just heard a Metro PCS radio ad for an android phone they have, 50 a month, text, data, calling, all included plus taxes and fees. Wonder if those two Indian guys care about rooting,lol Ranjeep and Chad

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
OP updated w/ TeamBlackHat App APK (in case you want tether again...Oh I meant in case you want to unpatch from the app..he he he) Theres a lot more in there besides the patches and again all of this is a major Panic button situation for P3Droid, not for us, we're just doing HIM a favor by unpatching.

I take the last part of this comment back. Seems like this is not a panic situation, but a legitmate concern for us users. So please unpatch this hotspot hack if you hav'nt done so already.

Last edited:

wormeyman

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah things are pretty crazy right now in the 'droid community, my next phone will definately be a developer phone to avoid these shenanigans.