Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Android Enthusiast

ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

Default P3Droid Announces to UNPATCH NOW!!!!

P3 Droid

"If you have used the Hotspot hack, IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU UNDO THAT HACK IMMEDIATELY. Sorry no further info, but do it now."

Looks like some users where getting 40 down (dam thunderbolt phones..) and this has brought some attention, so now it's being investigated.
    He's not encouraging us to go stock only to UNDO any HotSPot patches/hacks.
    (just poured some beer and said bye to my FREE tethering.....
    Last edited by JkdJedi; 04-11-2011 at 10:46 PM.
    BEACH BUM

Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

The Plot thickens?
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,017 Global Posts

The end is near......?

ROM
    Liberty 1.0

How do you undo the patch?!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Android Enthusiast

ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

Quote Originally Posted by unsungzeros99 View Post
    How do you undo the patch?!
    OP updated..
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    991 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

So I did the patch many moons ago. I have since SBF'd and am now back rooted and on GB. Did the SBF undo the patch. Is there a way to verify?

ROM
    Liberty 1.0

Does anyone know where I can dl the original verizon tether app?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    Android Enthusiast

ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

Quote Originally Posted by NewAge View Post
    So I did the patch many moons ago. I have since SBF'd and am now back rooted and on GB. Did the SBF undo the patch. Is there a way to verify?
    You should be good, try tethering, if you can't then your safe!

ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

I cant find the team black hat app anywhere. Anyone care to share it's dl location currently? Seeing this reminded me. Thanks
    Yea, I'm still rockin' a Gnex. The signal strength/quality sucks, but hey, it's not two years old yet.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,517 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Why r tb users using it? They all ready get free service

Everyone unroot your phones now, don't ask any questions just unroot now

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

And why would we do that?
    Yea, I'm still rockin' a Gnex. The signal strength/quality sucks, but hey, it's not two years old yet.

ROM
    Rooted Gingerbread!

Okay, I really like p3, and I've donated to him, but even I'm starting to think this is getting a little out of hand. Not that I don't think you should unpatch if you've patched but the news is getting a little frantic-like and seems to be doing more harm than good.

Also, if all of this is true, if you've ever rooted frantically sbfing back to stock isn't going to hide you from "them." Everyone needs to calm down a little imo. Just my two cents.

ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

I went thru his last 2 pages of Twitter entries(I'm not a twitter user) and it seems like he just came outa nowhere with it in the middle of the night. So I asked a gtalk friend of mine in Miami who has a tbolt and he said he thinks its actually just a data receiving bug on the network giving people abnormal data numbers whether or not they have the hack. He also said a couple of days ago he checked and he was at 34 and doesn't have the hack. So I guess time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyboy357 View Post
    I cant find the team black hat app anywhere. Anyone care to share it's dl location currently? Seeing this reminded me. Thanks

As I posted elsewhere, it was removed from the Market a few days ago.

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    ROM
    3.0.8-gaaa2611, unlocked

Complete and utter SHENANIGANS!

You can't claim the sky is falling without even the slightest of a hint as to why. I am seeing this "hurry up and unroot" foolishness everywhere and no one is telling us why.

Generally, there is a wide open discussion with plenty of information as to why we as a DROID community needs to take a certain course of action. Now its the opposite..."SSSSSH! Hurry up and unroot!"

It's really rather nasty to pour out all sorts of hacks, claim you all entirely in the know, then take a U-TURN and go "secret squirrel".

What's up with this foolishness already?
    Nextel Flips > Motorola Slider > Blackberry Storm 9530 > Motorola Droid X > Galaxy Nexus

What "hurry up and unroot" foolishness? No one is saying to unroot (at least, not p3droid, who is the source of this). It's just being said that rooted users are likely being tracked or will soon be tracked.
    Last edited by ultravisitor; 04-07-2011 at 08:28 AM.

Global Posts
    6,694 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

hmmmmm this reminds me of the story of "Chicken Little",,,,,,"skys falling theory"

ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    As I posted elsewhere, it was removed from the Market a few days ago.
    yes that part I knew, didn't know if there were still any alternate locations available.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  
    Android Enthusiast

ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

Quote Originally Posted by rgray331975 View Post
    Everyone unroot your phones now, don't ask any questions just unroot now

no need to unroot, p3droid is just panicking now.

ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

P3 told someone on twitter that in order to be investigated youd have to use up to or over 150GB w Tether to be investigated. Now to me, not being the developer type, that does seem like a number that would catch a carrier's attention, yet how many of us, especially those freaking out, would actually use that amount in a cycle?
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  
    Android Enthusiast

ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

OP updated w/ TeamBlackHat App APK (in case you want tether again...Oh I meant in case you want to unpatch from the app..he he he) Theres a lot more in there besides the patches and again all of this is a major Panic button situation for P3Droid, not for us, we're just doing HIM a favor by unpatching.
    Thanked by:

Omg im in Walmart and I swear someone in a black suite is following me. Could it be "them"

ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

This reminds me of The Matrix pt 1 when Neo is in the office cubicle and Agent Smith is at the other end ready to do a search(Hugo Weaving kicks so much ***, hope he does as Red Skull). And for the hilarity of this, it also reminds me of Office Space when Stan stood up to see "The Bob's" feverishly looking for someone to can,lol

ROM
    Rooted Gingerbread!

Yeah I can't quite fathom 150 GB but I've tethered like twice to do my math when my home internet was down. (My university has changed to online math homework) I do think it's probably going to be a problem soon for people who have been completely replacing their home internet with not by-the-book tethering, but people, the rabid fear-mongering has got to quit. It's getting insane.

Like I said, I have respect for P3 and TBH. I'm loving the GB leak. I don't think it was necessarily his intention to stir the pot, but that's what happened. A little while ago when this was all coming out, someone asked him on Twitter why TBH posted a hack for hotspot if he didn't believe in "illegal" tether, and P3 said something to the effect of, "we post things, users have to decide what's right or wrong." I mean...you can't post a recipe for "How to Cook Babies" and then be like "well personally I think that's morally wrong but its totally up to you what you do with it." Now obviously we're all adults and we're all responsible for our own decisions, I just think that in particular is kind of a stupid thing to say. You either believe in what you're doing or you don't.

Personally, every penny out of the carriers' pockets gladdens me-I think we need some serious wireless policy reform in this country. In the meantime though, I do think it would be nifty if the community would band together some and stop running around in circles and screaming.

Just my two cents of the morning...back to class with me!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast