P3Droid Announces to UNPATCH NOW!!!!

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
P3 Droid

"If you have used the Hotspot hack, IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU UNDO THAT HACK IMMEDIATELY. Sorry no further info, but do it now."

Looks like some users where getting 40 down (dam thunderbolt phones..) and this has brought some attention, so now it's being investigated.
He's not encouraging us to go stock only to UNDO any HotSPot patches/hacks.
(just poured some beer and said bye to my FREE tethering.....

Last edited:

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
So I did the patch many moons ago. I have since SBF'd and am now back rooted and on GB. Did the SBF undo the patch. Is there a way to verify?

ndwatkins

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I really like p3, and I've donated to him, but even I'm starting to think this is getting a little out of hand. Not that I don't think you should unpatch if you've patched but the news is getting a little frantic-like and seems to be doing more harm than good.

Also, if all of this is true, if you've ever rooted frantically sbfing back to stock isn't going to hide you from "them." Everyone needs to calm down a little imo. Just my two cents.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I went thru his last 2 pages of Twitter entries(I'm not a twitter user) and it seems like he just came outa nowhere with it in the middle of the night. So I asked a gtalk friend of mine in Miami who has a tbolt and he said he thinks its actually just a data receiving bug on the network giving people abnormal data numbers whether or not they have the hack. He also said a couple of days ago he checked and he was at 34 and doesn't have the hack. So I guess time will tell.

xelhabb

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Complete and utter SHENANIGANS!

You can't claim the sky is falling without even the slightest of a hint as to why. I am seeing this "hurry up and unroot" foolishness everywhere and no one is telling us why.

Generally, there is a wide open discussion with plenty of information as to why we as a DROID community needs to take a certain course of action. Now its the opposite..."SSSSSH! Hurry up and unroot!"

It's really rather nasty to pour out all sorts of hacks, claim you all entirely in the know, then take a U-TURN and go "secret squirrel".

What's up with this foolishness already?

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
What "hurry up and unroot" foolishness? No one is saying to unroot (at least, not p3droid, who is the source of this). It's just being said that rooted users are likely being tracked or will soon be tracked.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2