Lost power while SBFing

SYL

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
So, while I was SBFing back to stock, the battery in my phone ran out of power because apparently my USB port doesn't supply enough power to SBF and charge? When i start up the device, I see "code corrupt" and it says "low battery, cannot code" and apparently, you require software to charge the battery through the phone?
Is the only option for me now to buy/find a charged battery or an external charger?
Wall outlet and computer don't charge it

Any help would be appreciated! I am thinking I will be making a trip to the Verizon store tomorrow anyways :(

makeitrizzy

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Happened to me not too long ago....thought i had to get a new battery or a battery charger. Your phone will not charge as long as you are in Bootloader screen. I just stripped a usb cord that I did not need and connected the positive and negative cables to the battery for about an hour and your battery will have enough juice.....do a little more research and you will find your way out......hope this helps...

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Your issue didn't come from you using the usb to charge because the device does not charge at all when in bootloader mode, this is why the instructions usually suggest that you start with a full battery.

If you can get a charged battery I believe you won't have any issue running the sbf again to get you up and going.

Good Luck

You can try a table charger to charge battery without the phone from your local store or try buying a spare battery, it wont be full but may be enough to get you going.

SYL

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Wasn't aware that the bootloader screen didn't allow charging :)
People at the verizon store were nice enough to let me charge in one of their devices for a bit so Im reflashing as we speak!

I think from now on I will make sure I get my phone charged before I flash

vor

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Team Black Hat is currently making custom cords than provide power so no battery is needed during SBF. They will be US made and cost $40-50. Not a bad investment if you are going to keep your DX for a while and running custom roms/leaks