Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

Talking The Perfect Step by Step guide to updating to rooted Gingerbread

I found the guide I have been waiting and looking for! I hope this helps those that need the precise step by step like myself!!!

Droid X Gingerbread 4.5.588 Rooted Installation Guide (THIS IS THE LATEST VERSION) - Droid X Releases - AllDroid Public Board

Thank you for this...using it now.
    Storm 1 ----> Droid X
    Android Enthusiast

Global Posts
    2,106 Global Posts
    ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

Cool beans!!!

Global Posts
    7,572 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Great guide !

Used it and worked like a charm for me!
    Storm 1 ----> Droid X

This should be added to the All things Root sticky.

Only comment i might have, is that if you are having issues getting RSDLite to recognize your phone or flash it, if you have access to linux use sbf_flash. It "just works" for flashing a phone. i plug it in and run the command. That simple.

I am going to go from the GB leak to GB OTA rooted tonight.
    Last edited by tlane01; 04-18-2011 at 02:34 PM.

Only issue I had was a bootloop after flashing back to Froyo stock. Simple battery pool and wipe solved that in no time.
    Storm 1 ----> Droid X
    Android Enthusiast

Global Posts
    2,106 Global Posts
    ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

Quote Originally Posted by miamifin33 View Post
    Only issue I had was a bootloop after flashing back to Froyo stock. Simple battery pool and wipe solved that in no time.
    Bootloops are a given...welcome aboard!!

ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

Bootloop should be the word of the year for 2011 when they have that thing I hear about on the radio, word of the year or word added to the dictionary.
    Yea, I'm still rockin' a Gnex. The signal strength/quality sucks, but hey, it's not two years old yet.
    Thanked by:
    Android Enthusiast

Global Posts
    2,106 Global Posts
    ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyboy357 View Post
    Bootloop should be the word of the year for 2011 when they have that thing I hear about on the radio, word of the year or word added to the dictionary.
    LMFAO!!! Classic..

that really is a great guide.

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts

I went from the unrooted gingerbread to the rooted gingerbread using this guide. Took me a few times though. I kept getting stuck in the red logo. I finally tried formatting the SD card, went through the whole procedure again, and it worked. Rooted Gingerbread. Great thread.
    Jim Ayers
    Recovering Crackberry Abuser

Thumbs up rooted moto x gin

awesome just awesome worked like a charm

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    ROM
    Synergy

I was just about to start a new thread asking for help as all of the part 1 files I got from MDW would not work on my phone. I've sbf'd probably 20 time sin the last 24 hours trying every trick I could think of to get this to work.

I downloaded the files from that link and it seems to be working just fine now. I'm on step 2 now so we'll see...

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    ROM
    Synergy

It worked!

Thank god. I was really getting sick of sbf'ing and not having a fully functioning phone for a day.

I successfully installed this version, but still can't get rid of the vzw bloatware... is there a step i'm missing?

ROM
    Liquid Smooth JB Beta 2

You can freeze them or un-install them w Titanium Back Up. Or just delete them with SystemApp remover. I would say freeze w Titanium and delete if they still give u issues.
    Yea, I'm still rockin' a Gnex. The signal strength/quality sucks, but hey, it's not two years old yet.
    Thanked by:

I must say this is a good guide....could have used a lil more detail for polished noobs such as myself but I got thru it. Anyone who hasnt used this method take note that you need to hold down the camera button and volume not the power and home lol. And as far as z4root...if its steady spinning pull the battery...matter of fact pull the battery before you install z4.

I have always had to Z4 root twice. First time it hangs - perform battery pull. Next time it runs smooth as silk and roots.
    Thanks,

Mark
    Kyo7135 - Treo600 - Treo650 - Treo 700 - BlackBerry 8800 - Blackberry 9000 - Droid - Storm 2 (failed Experiment) - Droid - Droid X - iPhone4S (waiting to come back to Android with HTC One or Samsung Galaxy S4)

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    ROM

Default agreed

great write up. had one issue on boot after installing the first sbf file. then last hiccup with z4root and had to do a batt pull during...after that, ez breezy.

MUCH appreciated.

its amazing how following directions works =)
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,640 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

I was able to DL D2bootstrapper but the GBzip file is unsuccessful. Is there a mirror DL anywhere? I just slammed the unrooted GB on my wife's X, now I wanna get this running on there. Root is right

Gtab meatclaws-talkatap
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD

just use gingerbreak to root the OTA