software

rmarsh

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
The video tutoral on you tube shows downloading it to pc then transferring it to the phone to install. Sorry for askin. Ill figure it out somehow

rmarsh

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the z4 root to my pc and linked it to my phone and followed the youtube video to the t. I have the root app on my phone and the file manager it said to use. My antivirus said the root was corrupt and I told it to continue. When it finished installing I hit the root button and all I got was a screen saying it was abtaining root access and wouldn't change. I left itthere for prob five min or longer I ended up rebooting and still have no root. How can I get this thing rooted? If everyone wants to tell me to goto h#*l its ok any help would be appreciated

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the z4 root to my pc and linked it to my phone and followed the youtube video to the t. I have the root app on my phone and the file manager it said to use. My antivirus said the root was corrupt and I told it to continue. When it finished installing I hit the root button and all I got was a screen saying it was abtaining root access and wouldn't change. I left itthere for prob five min or longer I ended up rebooting and still have no root. How can I get this thing rooted? If everyone wants to tell me to goto h#*l its ok any help would be appreciated

Most antiviruis programs on computers will detect it as an viruis .If you override your viruis protection and allow it (so nothing is blocked/deleted by viruis protection On That file)it will work.If your anti-viruis program deletes anything from z4root then its not going to work .

Also when trying to root with z4root,,sometimes it does take a couple tries.I found for me after installing to do a reboot before ever running z4root seems to work best.It doesnt take that long for it to actually root your phone a 2 minutes apx.

Best to download to your phone so you dont have to deal with that tho :
To download to phone ,you need to have ,Menu button>settings>applications,unknown sources ticked to download "z4root1.3.0"

After installing and when you run "z4root" you need to have USB debugging ticked
Menu button>settings>applications>Development
I have added the link to z4root here that is the 1.3.0 version it was found in the sticky under title "How to(all things Root)" on dx fourms After you root you do know the first thing you want to do is make a backup ;) ,maybe read that sticky about "How to (All things Root)"

z4root.1.3.0.apk

Last edited:
Reactions: rmarsh

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

rmarsh

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I got it to work and its running great. No more adds thanks to add free android. Is there a good battery saver app? I have juice defender but was wondering if a better one was out there. Also what's a good app to tether? Ill take my chances with Verizon lol

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok then. Juice Defender really is one of the better battery saving apps around. It sets everything for you unless you mess with the profiles. Upgrading it to the plus version gets you more customization. Tethering? I' not even gona touch that one after the poll thread we had closed on us because it got so heated.

Reactions: rmarsh

rmarsh

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I understand the tethering thing. I read that thread. Was very interesting to say the least. Lots of different opinions in that one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670