Rolling back from the Gingerbread leak (unrooted)

JCosta04

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
OK, so I installed the Gingerbread update that I found on Droid Life (link) and after realizing that something is wrong with apps not showing up in the marketplace (most importantly for me, MLB At Bat 2011), I was curious if it was possible to roll back to Froyo. I've googled this to death but all I find is conflicting information so I was hoping someone here could answer it definitively for me.

I am not rooted and while I will if that's my only option, I would rather not because while I'm not an idiot, I'm not an expert in this stuff by any means and would rather not brick my phone. I can follow instructions and I realize that should be half the battle, but you never know.

Sorry if there is a thread on this and I missed it. If that's the case, I'll gladly (and humbly) take a link and a locked thread.

Thanks in advance.

GatorPT

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
yes you can roll back to froyo from gingerbread leak 1 . i know current leak updates baseband and kernal. so im not sure about that one.

Reactions: JCosta04

JCosta04

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. Are there definitive instructions on how to do so anywhere? Essentially, who has the best and most accurate information on how to do it?

JCosta04

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
My kernel and baseband are different from the one in this photo:

droid-x-2.3.340-337x600.png

For instance, my baseband in BP_C_01.09.12P

Should I not do it through RSD if that's the case?

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
My kernel and baseband are different from the one in this photo:

droid-x-2.3.340-337x600.png

For instance, my baseband in BP_C_01.09.12P

Should I not do it through RSD if that's the case?

This is because you are probably running the build that was pushed out to a few devices that is listed as the OTA version. This is the most recent version 4.5.588.MB810 and your screen shot is of the Froyo 2.2.1 build 2.3.340..

attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:
Reactions: JCosta04

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
You need to use RSD and the full SBF, not the system SBF. If I recall correctly, the full SBF is about 434MB unzipped.

Read up on the SBF process and follow instructions very carefully.