Contacts/uer data won't restore, can't download backup assistant

Raudic

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

So I've had a Droid X since release, but just recently rooted and have started experimenting with ROMs and the like. Last night, I installed Liberty, but I of course back upped all my apps and data with Titanium. Once installed, the only contacts my phone had were the ones synced with Google. The large majority of my contacts were on backup assistant which, for some reason, isn't showing up in the maket. Furthermore, when I try to restore Backup Assistant or Contacts through Titanium, it's unsuccessful (Both Contacts data and backup assistant have lines through them in Titanium and I cannot restore them individually.

Will I have to install backup assistant manually, or something? And if that's the case, can someone give me the .apk?

Thanks

BostonBeats88

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Had the exact same issue. I was on Apex for a while and decided to try out Liberty and all my contacts would not update and backup assist was nowhere to be found.

I just logged on to the VZW Backup Assistant website and downloaded my contacts to my computer, added them to my gmail contacts and had my phone sync those. Its a pain in the ass and I miss the Backup assistant but it did the job.

Any solutions or APKs would be appreciated.

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Yep, just export your backup assistant contacts as a csv file and import to your gmail account on your computer, then resync your gmail account on your device. Problem solved, no Backup Assistant needed.

ccm435

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Backup Assistant is lame. Just put it all in Google and you will always be able to sync them. I use Apex and removed BA with Titanium Backup (Wish it wasn't even in there to begin with) and everything works just fine. :)

-c-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12