Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    snppr22's Avatar

    Posts
    217 Posts
    ROM
    GummyNex/IMO's LeanKernel

    Default Can't .sbf DROID X

    I am trying to sbf my DX and I have tried at least a dozen times and I can not get it to take. Each and every time it makes it most of the way through with no real issues and then during the reboot stage the phone reboots before the sbf process is complete, usually between 50 & 80%. I never get the a 'pass'. Most of the time the phone reboots pretty much as if nothing has happened, except all the apps are gone and FroYo is back (it conects to WiFi, my Gmail is still signed in, the market is up to date, etc.). The only time the sbf appears to work is when I do a factory reset before the sbf, but even then it really doesnt work. When I do it this way everything looks good, but when the phone reboots and it prompts me to activate (etc.) the haptic feedback on the keyboard is turned off, which is a default setting on a new, out-of-box device, and its a feature I turn off. I have bootloader 30.04 and I am using a Windows PC with RSD Lite 4.8 and the full sbf (VRZ_MB8810_2.3.34_1FF_01.sbf).

    ANY IDEAS OUT THERE???

    I was finally all set with my GB when the phone/contacts (as in open a contact, hit the call button, fc) stopped working.

    UPDATE: On try number 14 I finally got a pass.
    Last edited by snppr22; 04-26-2011 at 12:58 AM.
  2. #2  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snppr22 View Post
    I am trying to sbf my DX and I have tried at least a dozen times and I can not get it to take. Each and every time it makes it most of the way through with no real issues and then during the reboot stage the phone reboots before the sbf process is complete, usually between 50 & 80%. I never get the a 'pass'. Most of the time the phone reboots pretty much as if nothing has happened, except all the apps are gone and FroYo is back (it conects to WiFi, my Gmail is still signed in, the market is up to date, etc.). The only time the sbf appears to work is when I do a factory reset before the sbf, but even then it really doesnt work. When I do it this way everything looks good, but when the phone reboots and it prompts me to activate (etc.) the haptic feedback on the keyboard is turned off, which is a default setting on a new, out-of-box device, and its a feature I turn off. I have bootloader 30.04 and I am using a Windows PC with RSD Lite 4.8 and the full sbf (VRZ_MB8810_2.3.34_1FF_01.sbf).

    ANY IDEAS OUT THERE???

    I was finally all set with my GB when the phone/contacts (as in open a contact, hit the call button, fc) stopped working.

    UPDATE: On try number 14 I finally got a pass.
    All you have to do is wait until the RSD Lite reads 100% and says to manually reboot device and then unplug device and power down and boot back into Bootloader and plug it back in and then the device will show pass... This is a normal issue that happens..
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    snppr22's Avatar

    Posts
    217 Posts
    ROM
    GummyNex/IMO's LeanKernel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildman View Post
    All you have to do is wait until the RSD Lite reads 100% and says to manually reboot device and then unplug device and power down and boot back into Bootloader and plug it back in and then the device will show pass... This is a normal issue that happens..
    Yeah, I finally got it to say pass, I had been trying that for a while, but each time nothing happened. I'm still pretty sure it didnt actually reset, because there are too many settings that seem wrong. Like screen brightness being on high and no haptic feedback.
  4. #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snppr22 View Post
    Yeah, I finally got it to say pass, I had been trying that for a while, but each time nothing happened. I'm still pretty sure it didnt actually reset, because there are too many settings that seem wrong. Like screen brightness being on high and no haptic feedback.
    Did you hard reset also after SBF because this is required to complete full system reset? Check final part (Point 9:21) of video at
    Last edited by wildman; 04-26-2011 at 01:37 AM.
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    snppr22's Avatar

    Posts
    217 Posts
    ROM
    GummyNex/IMO's LeanKernel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildman View Post
    Did you hard reset also after SBF because this is required to complete full system reset? Check final part of video at
    Did it 3x before booting up and I still have my keyboard settings, but I am just going ahead with it. I am installing 4.5.5....
  6. #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snppr22 View Post
    Did it 3x before booting up and I still have my keyboard settings, but I am just going ahead with it. I am installing 4.5.5....
    4.5.5 ? What is that?

    By the way did the updated battery file work for you I posted?
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/moto...tml#post851946
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    snppr22's Avatar

    Posts
    217 Posts
    ROM
    GummyNex/IMO's LeanKernel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildman View Post
    4.5.5 ? What is that?
    New DROIDX Gingerbread 4.5.588 Rooted
    New DROIDX Gingerbread 4.5.588 Rooted - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog


    Quote Originally Posted by wildman View Post
    By the way did the updated battery file work for you I posted?
    Nope. Still get that same message. Although I just finished installing the new GB. I have a formatted SD card and I haven't even installed Metamorph yet, so I am going to give it a try in a minute. The Honeycomb file still works, so I have been sticking with that. Its like a #1 and #1A.

    UPDATE: Just tried your file again, no luck. I have about 7 apps installed and it was the first .zip I tried.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can't .sbf DROID X-snap20110426_020849.jpg   Can't .sbf DROID X-snap20110426_020920.jpg  
    Last edited by snppr22; 04-26-2011 at 02:11 AM.
  8. #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snppr22 View Post
    New DROIDX Gingerbread 4.5.588 Rooted
    New DROIDX Gingerbread 4.5.588 Rooted - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

    OK Got that now but I am use to seeing the whole number...


    Nope. Still get that same message. Although I just finished installing the new GB. I have a formatted SD card and I haven't even installed Metamorph yet, so I am going to give it a try in a minute. The Honeycomb file still works, so I have been sticking with that. Its like a #1 and #1A.

    UPDATE: Just tried your file again, no luck. I have about 7 apps installed and it was the first .zip I tried.


    What file are you trying to MetaMorph because I checked site and you never downloaded the new battery file so how can you say you still have the error, I can see when a file has been accessed and it hasn't been since I posted the update, you need to download the fixed file before you can say it didn't work.


    The 3G file isnt for MetaMorph, it has to be flashed through Bootstrap and the Battery file can be installed to MetaMorph, I double checked everything and everything is working perfectly on my device... The only issue I made was rename the file after I made it for MetaMorph and the name cant be changed after being compressed because it is name specific.

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can't .sbf DROID X-device.jpg  
    Last edited by wildman; 04-26-2011 at 04:08 AM.
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    snppr22's Avatar

    Posts
    217 Posts
    ROM
    GummyNex/IMO's LeanKernel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildman View Post


    What file are you trying to MetaMorph because I checked site and you never downloaded the new battery file so how can you say you still have the error, I can see when a file has been accessed and it hasn't been since I posted the update, you need to download the fixed file before you can say it didn't work.


    The 3G file isnt for MetaMorph, it has to be flashed through Bootstrap and the Battery file can be installed to MetaMorph, I double checked everything and everything is working perfectly on my device... The only issue I made was rename the file after I made it for MetaMorph and the name cant be changed after being compressed because it is name specific.

    Which file are you talking about? I downloaded the VERIFIED files (3G and battery). The 3G file works, I thought I posted that. I'm in tapatalk now. I'm going to create a nandroid and download it again through tapatalk unless you tell me where else to find it.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

    Check out the screen shots I posted in the other thread.
    Last edited by snppr22; 04-26-2011 at 10:50 AM.
  10. #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snppr22 View Post
    Which file are you talking about? I downloaded the VERIFIED files (3G and battery). The 3G file works, I thought I posted that. I'm in tapatalk now. I'm going to create a nandroid and download it again through tapatalk unless you tell me where else to find it.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

    Check out the screen shots I posted in the other thread.
    In post I reported that I made a error on the file and instructed you to download the fixed file, the one you had was not configured with the updated name so I fixed and rebuilt under same name because when the name is changed the data in file has to be changed to the new name each time. MetaMorph is funny like that...
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...
    Thanked by:
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    snppr22's Avatar

    Posts
    217 Posts
    ROM
    GummyNex/IMO's LeanKernel

    Default

    I missed that, and I actually just got to try the new one, and what do you know, it worked. Thanks!
  12. #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snppr22 View Post
    I missed that, and I actually just got to try the new one, and what do you know, it worked. Thanks!
    Glad we got it resolved....
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...

Posting Permissions