Tether on rooted GB

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I know that u pretty much have to download the patch by team blackhat but I cannot seem to find the download anywhere man it would be much appreciated of someone could point me in the right direction to where I can find it. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I know that u pretty much have to download the patch by team blackhat but I cannot seem to find the download anywhere man it would be much appreciated of someone could point me in the right direction to where I can find it. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

You wont find one from BlackHat because they dont want nothing more to do with that...

http://forum.androidcentral.com/mot...acks/75366-p3droid-announces-unpatch-now.html

http://forum.androidcentral.com/motorola-x-rooting-roms-hacks/74366-p3droids-cat-out-bag.html

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
damn i do remember seeing these posts...:-/ thats quite unfortunate. So I guess for the time being if i want to tether for free...my only option is to go back to froyo.. :(

that is my only option right?

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, my advice would be to not tether without paying. Sure, Verizon is acting like unethical PoS's by disabling a feature in the OS so they can charge you for it, but the correct response would be to choose another carrier, not violate your contract with them.

Reactions: jdbower

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I sold my Droid X in the middle of all this mess. I am curious if tethering is still blocked on the DX running GB.

I was so bummed when my buddy pulled out his ATT Iphone and said "Look I can tether now that I've jailbroken my phone" And yup 2 Androids where tethering off an Iphone while we ate at Del Taco. Sad times indeed.... :-(

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I was so bummed when my buddy pulled out his ATT Iphone and said "Look I can tether now that I've jailbroken my phone" And yup 2 Androids where tethering off an Iphone while we ate at Del Taco. Sad times indeed.... :-(

Yeah but your friend can get a surprise bill from ATT like my co-worker has... You can still install tethering apps but it is at your own risk but developers don't want to be dragged into the situation..

Last edited:

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Well yeah, them and the other ones. I could hack the radio myself though. Its not the devs that tethered free, it was all the users.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
even though those developers are the one of FEW reasons tethering is possible,lol

True but if anyone gets targeted for legal attacks it will be the users and developers, but there is a different when developer is writing a 3rd party app that simply access the hardware to access the phones data compared to p3doid patch that modified the access rights that actually allowed use of the stock mobile hotspot app. And this is exactly what the iPhone uses do when they tether when they jailbrake it.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Oh no doubt, they wont attack/remove the developers as bad cuz then they cant attract users without them to a certain degree. Vicious cycle,lol. Oh man imagine an Android dev team of only verizon people....(shudders)

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Oh no doubt, they wont attack/remove the developers as bad cuz then they cant attract users without them to a certain degree. Vicious cycle,lol. Oh man imagine an Android dev team of only verizon people....(shudders)

Would be a spooky situation that wont go anywhere or change.:confused::':)D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech