Won't reboot into Recovery with leaked GB

DeathBringerZero

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Just swapped phones with my coworker who said he installed leaked GB. Since then I rooted the device and downloaded a rom, but when I go to flash it the phone refuses to go into recovery. What should I do?

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Are you rooted and using Driod 2 Recovery because the Droid X version doesn't work with GB.

AccessRecovery.gif

Last edited:

alershka#AC

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Are you trying to get into stock recovery or clockwork?

The key presses for stock recovery are different for GB than froyo. I believe it is power button and volume down.

If you are trying to get into cwr, do you have the DroidX or the Droid2 bootstrap installed? Some are having problems with the DroidX version and instead are running the droid2 bootstrap. I have found the dx version works if you have usb debugging off.

Worse case, I'd consider restoring back to froyo via the .340 sbf file then reinstall the .588 prerooted gb leak and start over.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

DeathBringerZero

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
After a lot of error I was able to flash it back to the latest Froyo sbf. Instead of going back to GB I want to install a rom I downloaded off of ROM Manager, but whether I try the X or 2 clockwork mod recovery nothing comes up. It is skipped over and the phone just boots.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
After a lot of error I was able to flash it back to the latest Froyo sbf. Instead of going back to GB I want to install a rom I downloaded off of ROM Manager, but whether I try the X or 2 clockwork mod recovery nothing comes up. It is skipped over and the phone just boots.

Did you install the rooted version of GB, is the installation process one or three steps because the rooted version has 3 zips that has to be installed back to back? If the device isn't rooted Bootstrap wont work because you need root access.

alershka#AC

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

I have heard, but have never experienced, that Rom Manager is not always working on the DX. I always use the Bootstrap program to get into CWR.

The first thing I would do is go the superuser app and find bootstrapper and rom manager and "forget" them.

Go to bootstrapper and hit bootstrap recovery. You should get a popup that the app is requesting superuser access. If not, then you need to root again. Then go into rom manager and hit flash clockworkmod recovery. Again you should get the request for super user access. From here you can try reboot into recovery or go back into bootstrap and reboot into recovery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois