NON Rooted, Signed .588 need help/clarification on getting to .591 and then .595

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I think I understand this at a high level and I've read a few instructional breakdowns, but I want to make sure I'm getting this.

I was one of the ones that installed the signed .588 leak that was able to be installed via the regular recovery (purple).

I'm trying to get up to .591 and then .595 so I'll be able to accept Verizon's official when it comes out.

From what I can gather, I need to install Gingerbreak (to root I assume) and Bootstrap D2 for flashing (Bootstrap = clockwork mod for X?????).

I'm not entirely clear on how to install Gingerbreak? Do I put it on the SD card and then install it from there and then run it? Does it need ADB push of some kind? And am I correct that Gingerbreak is in fact the way to root .588?

So once I have rooted .588 I should be able to run bootstrap d2 which will put me into clockwork where I can then select the .591 file I want to install?

Do I then need to gingerbreak that ROM so I can go to .595?

I actually don't want/can't have a rooted device except for this situation where I only need it to install the ROMs. So I have no problem with temporarily rooting my device and I've rooted other phones, but they were a little different than this X. I just want ot make sure I'm doing things right. I'm simply trying to get to the end result of non rooted .595.

I attempted to install .591 and .595 via regular recovery and that didn't work. I assume it's a signature thing.

Thank you for any help. I think the part I'm the least clear on is Gingerbreak.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I think I understand this at a high level and I've read a few instructional breakdowns, but I want to make sure I'm getting this.

I was one of the ones that installed the signed .588 leak that was able to be installed via the regular recovery (purple).

I'm trying to get up to .591 and then .595 so I'll be able to accept Verizon's official when it comes out.

From what I can gather, I need to install Gingerbreak (to root I assume) and Bootstrap D2 for flashing (Bootstrap = clockwork mod for X?????).

I'm not entirely clear on how to install Gingerbreak? Do I put it on the SD card and then install it from there and then run it? Does it need ADB push of some kind? And am I correct that Gingerbreak is in fact the way to root .588?

So once I have rooted .588 I should be able to run bootstrap d2 which will put me into clockwork where I can then select the .591 file I want to install?

Do I then need to gingerbreak that ROM so I can go to .595?

I actually don't want/can't have a rooted device except for this situation where I only need it to install the ROMs. So I have no problem with temporarily rooting my device and I've rooted other phones, but they were a little different than this X. I just want ot make sure I'm doing things right. I'm simply trying to get to the end result of non rooted .595.

I attempted to install .591 and .595 via regular recovery and that didn't work. I assume it's a signature thing.

Thank you for any help. I think the part I'm the least clear on is Gingerbreak.

You have to install it with Droid 2 Bootstrap Recovery not the stock recovery, and to do this you need to be rooted to use Bootstrap.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Thank you wildman...hysterical you answer my multi paragraph, exessively worded question in one sentence...and it's exactly what I needed to know. I'll figure out the Gingerbreak when I get to that point.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
When I went from .588 to .591 I had to re-root with gingerbreak.

GingerBread DX (Blur 4.5.591) odexed, deodexed apps download

French:I'm not entirely clear on how to install Gingerbreak? Do I put it on the SD card and then install it from there and then run it?

Your correct about putting Gingerbreak on SD card and installing it that way .

New Leak and Official upgrade Path to Gingerbread

I went with the rooted deodexed and didnt have to reroot.I also didnt want to loose root or wait til official is released and then rootable.
I think you have to install the non rooted version to be ready for official release of GB

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I managed to install and run Gingerbreak.

I managed to run Droid 2 Bootstrap and install .591.

I then went to install .595 and it went downhill fast. Got an error message then stuck at the glowing red M.

After some reading figured out how to make the bootable CD and SBFd (what does that stand for) back to froyo which put me into a reboot cycle. From there I put the signed .588 back on my memory card, booted into stock recovery and installed 588 again. Voila...fixed.

So ran Gingerbreak again, then bootstrap, installed .591 and booted up. Everything runs great, etc. Decided to do a reboot and when I do it first boots me into Bootstrap. It won't boot me all the way to the phone as it should.

I would just uninstall bootstrap but worried that it could throw me into an endless boot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12