.595 Roms

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys. Getting bored with plain gb .595. What are the best roms currently out there for.595?

They are kinda on hold till OTA lands, w/ all the constant Gingerbread
(.573-.595) updates, the Devs seemingly will conserve their talents till then.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I am not surprised at Motorola/or vzw for using this tactic of ,,,,"releasing a bunch of leaked updates" .

Now they probably will take their time on releasing the Official update since everybodies on hold Waiting for it ;)

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
jkd is right on. i know fab, for one, said he wasnt going to update apex until the OTA dropped and was rooted, etc since it is so close

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Anyone give LexLite Gingeraid 4.4 a try? It has been updated to work on .595

Is BroodComb the latest now? Or is it Lexlite still? ?(DrewGaren) (Rom Manager)
Edit: I flashed this for kicks, kinda nice, that honeycomb boot animation hypnotizes you..looks a lot like what Wildman put together earlier last month.

Last edited:

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Is BroodComb the latest now? Or is it Lexlite still? ?(DrewGaren) (Rom Manager)
Edit: I flashed this for kicks, kinda nice, that honeycomb boot animation hypnotizes you..looks a lot like what Wildman put together earlier last month.

So which was the latest,haha ,Broodcomb or Lexlite Gingeraid?
Tho sounds like you flashed Broodcomb since you mentioned the honeycomb animation

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I liked liberty on froyo it was great but just holding off on liberty on GB for now ..I reviewed further(of the reviews on Gingeraid ) and now not that interested in Gingeraid or Broodcomb .

So Liberty would be the one I would go with at this time,,,,if I went to a custom rom today :)

bkhalifeh

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Droid X Running Leaked 4.5.588 Rooted

Okay, Hello all. Here is my issue, I was stock Droid X and downloaded and updated to 4.5.588 Gingerbread leak a few weeks ago. The other day I got the itch to root and used Gingerbreak v1.2 to auto root. Great success!!!! Now I want to upgrade to .595 (for netflix, etc....)
I downloaded 4.5.595 and put it on my SD Card.
I downloaded Titanuim backup and backed up all my apps ad system data successfully.
Also, I downloaded Clockwork Rom Manager and tried to flash ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.0.7. Now it says that it was downloaded successfully, but when I try to install from sd card and it gets to the point to where my phone restarts and is supposed to go into clockworkmod recovery, I get the red M and then it goes blank. Itried waiting and nothing so I have to do a battery pull. I also went into recovery manually and wiped cache and wiped data and tried to install from sd card, I get the verification failed update aborted.
What am I doing wrong? Can someone point me in the right direction? I have tried the faqs and even tried bootstrap recovery, but anytime I try to go into recovery it just doesnt work. Is there something I should be pressing. I'm sorry to bother everyone with a "beginner problem" but if somone could help me walkthrough it or point me in the right direction I would much appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Droid X Running Leaked 4.5.588 Rooted

Okay, Hello all. Here is my issue, I was stock Droid X and downloaded and updated to 4.5.588 Gingerbread leak a few weeks ago. The other day I got the itch to root and used Gingerbreak v1.2 to auto root. Great success!!!! Now I want to upgrade to .595 (for netflix, etc....)
I downloaded 4.5.595 and put it on my SD Card.
I downloaded Titanuim backup and backed up all my apps ad system data successfully.
Also, I downloaded Clockwork Rom Manager and tried to flash ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.0.7. Now it says that it was downloaded successfully, but when I try to install from sd card and it gets to the point to where my phone restarts and is supposed to go into clockworkmod recovery, I get the red M and then it goes blank. Itried waiting and nothing so I have to do a battery pull. I also went into recovery manually and wiped cache and wiped data and tried to install from sd card, I get the verification failed update aborted.
What am I doing wrong? Can someone point me in the right direction? I have tried the faqs and even tried bootstrap recovery, but anytime I try to go into recovery it just doesnt work. Is there something I should be pressing. I'm sorry to bother everyone with a "beginner problem" but if somone could help me walkthrough it or point me in the right direction I would much appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.

Try the D2 bootstrapper

Reactions: bkhalifeh

miamifin33

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Here are all the offerings from DrewGaren currently for GB

ZapX Ginger 4.3 - 591 and 595 system option. The newest Gingerbread rom, updated, with most of the blur and bloat pulled out except the social blur. ZapX 4.1 is just the beginning of Gingerbreads roms.

LexLite Gingeraid 4.4 - 591 and 595 system option. Max speed, mixed between Moto Gingerbread and AOSP gingerbread. Blurless and fast. This is just the beginning of LL Gingeraid. Made for pure customization!

Broodcomb 3 v .595 - Gingerbread meets Honeycomb. Blur widgets and bloat removed. Pure performance at near stock level, up to date with the latest gingerbread release.

FoXTrot Ultima 1 v .595 - The ultimate customization rom. Tons of launchers for you to chose from. Blurless and zippy fast. This rom has it all!

R2Ginger v 1 .595 - Blurless, based off of the R2D2 Droid 2 mixed with the rom structure of Gingeraid. Multiple launchers to Choose from, this is the ultimate Star Wars rom for the Star Wars fan!.

Reactions: JkdJedi

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Here are all the offerings from DrewGaren currently for GB

ZapX Ginger 4.3 - 591 and 595 system option. The newest Gingerbread rom, updated, with most of the blur and bloat pulled out except the social blur. ZapX 4.1 is just the beginning of Gingerbreads roms.

LexLite Gingeraid 4.4 - 591 and 595 system option. Max speed, mixed between Moto Gingerbread and AOSP gingerbread. Blurless and fast. This is just the beginning of LL Gingeraid. Made for pure customization!

Broodcomb 3 v .595 - Gingerbread meets Honeycomb. Blur widgets and bloat removed. Pure performance at near stock level, up to date with the latest gingerbread release.

FoXTrot Ultima 1 v .595 - The ultimate customization rom. Tons of launchers for you to chose from. Blurless and zippy fast. This rom has it all!

R2Ginger v 1 .595 - Blurless, based off of the R2D2 Droid 2 mixed with the rom structure of Gingeraid. Multiple launchers to Choose from, this is the ultimate Star Wars rom for the Star Wars fan!.

R2Ginger is pretty descent. Binoculars are a trip.