Stock 2.3.3 Gingerbread possible?

LowRentTechGuy

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
This might be over stating a point but I am not a fan of Blur. I was wondering if it is possible to download a stock 2.3.3 build and just load it on the Droid X for a plain google experience?

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
its not unfortunately. i would recommend checking out custom roms to get more of a stock android experience; for example, liberty is very stock-ish, and apex allows for a variety of customizations that can make your phone as blurry or vanilla as you want

LowRentTechGuy

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Gah, that's why I hate the fact that Android didn't go the route of Apple and just exclusively provide android as a base experience in the cellular market. I like that there are a plethora of devices for the platform but they should really insist on a more singular basic build for all and let you do the extra look and feel customizations.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Gah, that's why I hate the fact that Android didn't go the route of Apple and just exclusively provide android as a base experience in the cellular market. I like that there are a plethora of devices for the platform but they should really insist on a more singular basic build for all and let you do the extra look and feel customizations.

They have, with the Nexus phone. If u want get rid of bloat flash a rom like the above stated, or if you have Titanium Pro, freeze them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site

The definition of open-source allows the manufacturers to muck up the OS however they want. Pure Vanilla Android is easiest accomplished on a Nexus device. Some custom ROM builders come close, but they almost always tweak a thing or two.

SYL

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
No way can Google leave open source :) I will cry if that happens, for real

The current Apex 2.0 beta looks very much like stock. Probably the closest you can get at the moment. Either way, I think custom roms are always better than stock because you can make it look however you want

joshua.worth

Android Guru
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Yes it is possible many have download the 4.5.588 (2.3.3) stock unrooted update and updated by renaming it update.zip then used the stock recovery to update to it. I myself have done it and about to do it again right now. Very possible. I may come back with links for you when im done

Sage_F

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes it is possible many have download the 4.5.588 (2.3.3) stock unrooted update and updated by renaming it update.zip then used the stock recovery to update to it. I myself have done it and about to do it again right now. Very possible. I may come back with links for you when im done

That is still a Blur version of Android. He is talking about AOSP look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool