Gingerbread Multi-touch keyboard freezes/locks up

Marvelous7325#AC

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone, I've had a problem that has seemed to plague me in the past 24 hours. My droid x stock gingerbread multi touch keyobard has been locking up/freezing every time i press a punctuation or the symbols key to get to the punctuations. The only way to fix this is with a battery pull or switch the input method to swype while text box is still open and then switching back. I hope there is a simpler remedy that doesn't involve wiping data or putting a newer version of gingerbread on it. By the way the gingerbread version i have is 4.5.573.

I actually wouldn't mind using the swype keyboard, but i don't like how it doesn't have the predictive text bar along top of the keyboard like the multitouch has. In order to get their predictive pop up is b swyping and sometimes i just don't feel like swyping.
Thank you for your help in advance

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
just for kicks grab the Gingerbread keyboard from Steve Lin in the market. I have never had any issues.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

BD15

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. It's completely obnoxious. Is grabbing the GB keyboard from the market the only remedy thus far?

andrewp3481

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone, I've had a problem that has seemed to plague me in the past 24 hours. My droid x stock gingerbread multi touch keyobard has been locking up/freezing every time i press a punctuation or the symbols key to get to the punctuations. The only way to fix this is with a battery pull or switch the input method to swype while text box is still open and then switching back. I hope there is a simpler remedy that doesn't involve wiping data or putting a newer version of gingerbread on it. By the way the gingerbread version i have is 4.5.573.

I actually wouldn't mind using the swype keyboard, but i don't like how it doesn't have the predictive text bar along top of the keyboard like the multitouch has. In order to get their predictive pop up is b swyping and sometimes i just don't feel like swyping.
Thank you for your help in advance
OMG. Ive had .595 since it came out like a couple months ago..and then when the .596 ota came out i grabbed up the update from black hat. i love my phone and have never had problems. all of a sudden this same problem is affecting me. its whenever i type 3 periods...or sometimes just one...or sometimes any punctuation mark. hella weird. this problem just started on 6/14/11 at like 8pm west coast time. i'm in the middle of sbfing to 596 ota....and i guess ill root from there..

update. i thought i downloaded an app called gingerbreak so that i could root the ota...now i gotta sbf again and do all this crap over to get my dang gingerbread root.

Last edited:

PhoenixMike

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Here is the simple fix:

Go to Manage Apps>ALL and find the MultiTouch Keyboard. Clear data or cache and the problem will be fixed.

Very strange that this started happening to me out of nowhere. Even more strange that my gf's X picked up the issue the next day...

Hope this works for you all. The freezing has not occurred in over a week and counting.

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
SwiftKey X a very decent keyboard, usually 3.99 is the free app of the day in the Amazon android app market if anyone's interested

Sent from the X of B

Ravenell

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Here is the simple fix:

Go to Manage Apps>ALL and find the MultiTouch Keyboard. Clear data or cache and the problem will be fixed.

Very strange that this started happening to me out of nowhere. Even more strange that my gf's X picked up the issue the next day...

Hope this works for you all. The freezing has not occurred in over a week and counting.

I love you for this! Thanks! Fixed my problem immediately.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers