Anyone had success flashing any fonts on GB?

dwt10

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I have the gingerbread leak on my Droid X. I wanted to try flashing a font and it didn't work. I tried using ROM Manager on 1 font, and I tried 3 times on 2 different fonts in Clockwork Recovery (yes, I have D2 Bootstrapper). So I decided to try going into Root Explorer and literally take the font files from my SD card, and paste them into the /system/fonts directory and over-write anything there and then reboot. No success. Anyone else had any success? Suggestions? Am I doing anything wrong?

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I have the gingerbread leak on my Droid X. I wanted to try flashing a font and it didn't work. I tried using ROM Manager on 1 font, and I tried 3 times on 2 different fonts in Clockwork Recovery (yes, I have D2 Bootstrapper). So I decided to try going into Root Explorer and literally take the font files from my SD card, and paste them into the /system/fonts directory and over-write anything there and then reboot. No success. Anyone else had any success? Suggestions? Am I doing anything wrong?

Yeah, i just flashed a font on .595 using the DROID X Bootstrapper, no problems.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ndwatkins

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I've been flashing several fonts with Droid 2 Bootstrapper myself with no problems, too. I see you tried a couple different fonts - I've been getting mine from XDA and the giant flashable font pack thread. Not sure if that makes a difference, just thought I'd mention that those have definitely been working for me on Gingerbread.

Hope you can get it working!

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Ive been using the Liberty toolbox flashable font sets and no issues. Ive been going thru them like crazy cuz I like how so many of them look.

dwt10

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Oh, I still can't get anything working. Do I need to restore anything? clear dalvik cache (I dont even know what that is)?

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Can you show us the files here? Or the link to them? Maybe your downloading the wrong ones or they may be bad files or your just missing a step that you'll facepalm yourself for later,lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm