Full 4.5.596 sbf file (Gingerbread)

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Download this for sure, ASAP before it gets yanked. But just keep it tucked away somewhere safe, because this file is not rooted just plain simple stock, and we cannot root on 2.3.3 right now so until we can, if you want root etc you must still flash to 2.2.1 and play the zip game.

But this will be great to have down the road when a root method opens up for 2.3.3, a few less steps and stress to avoid on the way to cleaning your phone out.

Reactions: heyandy889

heyandy889

May 23, 2011
nateshiff.wordpress.com
is this a dumb question? the file name ends with ".gz" and im assuming i just removed that and use RSDLite?
There's a program named "7zip" that might help. It's free, try downloading and installing 7zip on Windows. ".gz" is a compression format, I believe, like .zip. Just "removing" the file extension won't help, I'm afraid. I think you need to decompress the .gz file. Then, you'll have your shiny SBF.

Flamerbeastie

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
so, if I am on a old apex rom....and want to upgrade to GB....can i just sbf using this file or do i need to sbf to Froyo, then ota upgrade from there?

Thanks!!

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
so, if I am on a old apex rom....and want to upgrade to GB....can i just sbf using this file or do i need to sbf to Froyo, then ota upgrade from there?

Thanks!!

i would use the 2.3.340 sbf and then do the OTA (or the p3droid method, if you want to keep root) from there. only use the GB sbf if youre already on a GB rom.

afp77

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
tbh zip file

I'm still new to all of this. Can I just run the install of the file from tbh on top of the version of Froyo I'm running now, or do I need to clean out the data using Clockwork Recovery and then run the install. Also there are two files that came with the download and I'm curious if and how to use both. Thanks in advance for any help

vstro24

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
sorry for being such a noob but Ive been searching all over and i cant seem to find instructions on how to use this for root. Ive seen how to root the betas but not this. Is it because there isn't a root for this version? What is the P3droid method? any help would be appreciated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz