1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to root on latest OTA update?

Anyone know how? I wanna try the new roms

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Android Enthusiast

ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

Quote Originally Posted by victormolina15 View Post
    Anyone know how? I wanna try the new roms

Victor!!! Long time no see! :lol: there's no root now for OTA Gingerbread.

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

you should be able to sbf back to 2.3.340 and then you can use p3droid's rooted update method

Having gone through three resets in the last month, the most recent for the official Motorola "soak" before release of the .596 code, the idea of going through yet another SBF reload, update is not that attractive. It involves a lot of work to get everything working correctly again.

Isn't there another option? Anyone heard whether or not Gingerbreak is going to get "fixed" so it will work on the OTA anytime soon?

Arrrgh! This is SO painful! (Yeah, that is my "pouting look"... )

Scott
    Mine: Misc Flips -> LG Env -> BB 8330 -> BB 9530 (S1) -> DroidX -> Droid Bionic!
    Wife: Misc Flips -> BB 8330 -> BB 9530 (S1) -> BB 9550 (S2) -> Droid X!
    Kids: Samsung Fascinate (2) --- Family: Rooted Nook Color (2)
    Ya just gotta LOVE how Android lets you customize your devices how YOU want them!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

i would bet that someone will figure out how to root the OTA in time. the waiting is understandably the hardest part.

that said, i had to sbf to update to the rooted GB when it was released since i was on apex. using titanium to backup and restore my apps, the whole process from sbf to GB with all my apps back took about 45 minutes. i can understand not wanting to take that time, but it beats waiting for a root exploit to be found IMHO
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ahh i just want to install the new roms ;( so i have to downgrade to another update? im confuddled.
    Dab King

ROM
    BAKED 4

This one seems to be taking a bit longer than normal, or am I just more impatient? heh, whatever the reason I sure hope someone's on the case and Root for the OTA is almost here!!