ROM ideas

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey folks, I recently defected to the Droid Charge... mostly on a whim because I was afraid of the upcoming data plan tiering and I wanted to use my early upgrade to renew my plan and "grandfather" my unlimited data. However, I knew I shouldn't have gone with a SAMDUNG (yes, that was an intentional D), I'm on my third replacement and this one still has screen problems, so I'm taking it back and buying a DX from someone I know since I sold my original one. So I'm coming back to the X family.

I got as far as the OTA Gingerbread but that's it, then I sold it. So, I'm looking to perform the works on my soon-to-be Droid X... the rooting and the ROMs, and I wanted to get opinions on what's out right now that's worth a try. Any suggestions?

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
CM7 of course Liberty and Apex. I started with Liberty v6 with Gingercomb Juiced theme and went CM7. It was neat and all but I went back to Liberty. The process was difficult and recoveries didn't seem to work. So once you pick one stick with it or get used to sbf'ing.

slycen

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Liberty and Apex are the most user friendly for now. They have a great community and pretty good features. They are great roms to start with, I personally started with Liberty back in the froyo days. Now I'm working cyanogemod7, but it's rather buggy since its just beta. I suggest flashing maybe Apex 2.0 RC2 from the following thread:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/mot...v2-0-0-release-candidate-rc2-6-11-2011-a.html

Just make sure to follow all the instructions, and download an image so you can SBF back to stock if you mess up. I messed up a few times but you can always get back with SBF.

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I would highly recommend Apex because its a fast, clean custom rom. That's what I'm currently using and although battery life is not as good as my stock/deodexed .596 GB, I still get at least 20+ hours out of a single charge depending on my usage. I hope this helps. Oh and one more thing, following the directions to a T is very important. It seperates the people who have problems and those that don't.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Bravozero

Drroooiiiiddddd
Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Trust me... flashing with Motorola devices with SBF is MUCH easier than flashing Samsung using ODIN. I've had multiple problems flashing stuff with ODIN on the Charge, never had an issue with SBF on the Droid X.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21